• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's looking pretty good, not that cold through the outlook so probably won't be the lightest powder down low but it should build the base enough to have nearly all terrain open by next weekend. Here's hoping anyway!

YAY!!

My friends husband is there in business RIGHT NOW - and he took his board - of course! Grr...I am as GREEN as green with envy as one can be!!

Ohh well - counting down the days...

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Yeah it's looking pretty good, not that cold through the outlook so probably won't be the lightest powder down low but it should build the base enough to have nearly all terrain open by next weekend. Here's hoping anyway!

if all the sasa isnt covered lower down then wetter snow will be better anyways. Not the Niseko Gold everybody goes there for, but then again, its only December 2nd! clap.gif

At least there's some good weather happening this year!

I was almost there this weekend. Got asked to work Fri/Sat nite at Club Med in exchange for 5 free days holiday there but I was already working on Sat/Sun. Oh well... \:\(

Started dropping yesterday in Sapporo around noonish - rain or snow, depending on where you were. Went off beginning around 21:00 and continued all night through this morning. 5-10cm unsettled accumulation around town.

I was in Sapporo last weekend but no snow in the city yet...!! frown.gif

I had my ski boots with me expecting some skiing there but not motivated to go. (I know I was lazy... whistle.gif)

So, now is the Sapporo getting more whity?

Slow - Yup. After the snowfall at the end of last month, there really hasn't been a whole lot of activity in town. Out toward the mountains toward Kokusai and over toward Rusutsu and Niseko have been getting some though.

CB - Nope, haven't been up there yet. There are a lot of trees and rocks still showing on the mountainsides, so I don't think it's filled in enough (but I could be wrong).

Niseko Now is reporting a nice 11cm coverage overnight with the sweet sweet snow's continuing throughout today! 13 days to go!!! Work has turned into a day full of weather watching and staring at Pow Pics! Apologies to the Boss.....

Aussie expression for "it is extremely simple to forgive" in the context as used above.

Edited to add:

Q:Can you light the Barbie, Bro?

A:Too easy, mate.

TRANSLATION: Q:Can you light the Barbeque my friend? A:Yes

It basically means YES, but a resounding YES, as in YES YES of course.