• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the webcams this morning nearly all the Hokkaido webcams were showing lots of snow. All except Rusutsu which seems to only have a bit. But everywhere else up there looks like there is enough already on the ground to never see any green again till late Spring. And the snow forecasts support this view.

Yes - it often happens like that in this area gg. We usually get some snow within November or early December which quickly melts away and it's a while before we get the start of the proper snow. I think there's a word for that, but can't quite remember it.

Yep - the cams in central Hokkaido (Asahikawa / Furano) have been iced up in some cases this morning. Plenty of white stuff.

My main interest now is how much is going to fall in places like Kagura and Hakuba over the next week.

I can't wait for someone to wipe the lens on the Ace#3!! See how much is on the ground!~

Serious case of jealously ... one of our travel group for Jan is hoping over there THIS weekend for a bit of business...so he is taking his board!

Some people get all the fun!

Posted on another thread.

25cm in the past 24hrs at village level (300m, outside my front door).

40cm in the past 24 hrs above the top of the Ace #2 Quad, Grand Hirafu (~900m)

Bootpacked to ~ 900m. Couldn't go higher because it was too deep. Talking waist deep when I was walking/wallowing.

Seeing as it's snowed constantly since Thursday above 600m it's hard to know where the snow from the past 24hrs starts.

40cm at the top of the mountain King #4 would be a very conservative measurement IMHO.

Well it's currently puking down wet snow in the village, better than the rain I thought might happen. Still might be some rain later but overall probably a good thing to pack down and solidify the base.

Absolutely puking down in the village currently, it's wet but better than rain. Up top it should be awesome. Overnight it will get cold again and tomorrow should top us up with a fair amount of fresh dry snow.