Hi everyone.

Me and 2 mates will (hopefully) be in Niseko from around the 22nd of Dec to the 3rd of Jan. Were starting to run into a few problems finding accommodation, we want to do it pretty cheaply, probably in a hostel or pension with lift passes.

Does anyone have any recommendations of were to stay that might still be available around that time??

Also, will there be much happening around xmas and new years in Niseko?

>Also, will there be much happening around xmas and new years in Niseko?

just you and half of Australia there is all...shouldnt be too different from the norm, other than its not summer and it pukes snow. Tons of places, try the search! My recommendations will be for my mates up there, NPC - Ian and Ben are awesome.

Rubbish!! \:\)

For the holiday periods in popular places - yes, now might be late and you might find places full. There'll still be room though on most dates.

For any other time, there is tons of space available in most places. I know as I have been asking around and when I was in places last season they were half empty mid week and quite a few places still not full on a weekend.

Of course getting booked early if you can is a good thing....

Wow, 2 hotels!? Out of how many hundred? shifty.gif

I am looking at Niseko at the moment for February. I have contacted 12 places through this site. Out of the 9 that have replied only 1 cannot accommodate the four of us when we want to go.

Originally Posted By: dale#1
Wow, 2 hotels!? Out of how many hundred? shifty.gif

I am looking at Niseko at the moment for February. I have contacted 12 places through this site. Out of the 9 that have replied only 1 cannot accommodate the four of us when we want to go.

ease up tiger. based on the packages we were looking at (yes, packages....), there were about 16 hotels to choose from, and when the first two choices came up booked out, I started to get the impression that things were filling up pretty quickly. in hindsight, it is more likely that the best value hotels were filling up fast.

in the long run, it is better to book early and possibly get early bird discount, then attempt to book late, and run the risk of missing out. just my $0.02+GST....

cheers,

al

Hotels get booked solid for that period. Chrissymas and New Years. SOLID. SOLID. FULL.

Guest houses get booked up too. Solid Soild.

You can get non holiday week days, but where you gonna stay at the weekends? Bus shelter?

Higashiyama may be available at their top rate so hurry hurry.

Currently xmas/NY is pretty solidly booked. Apartments are now at around 85+% in January, Feb is maybe at around 70+% and March there is heaps of space. You could probably forget about trying to get accom in apartments during Chinese New Year by now though. Not sure on occupancy rates in hotels or pensions. This is all for Hirafu, I have no idea about Annupuri and Higashiyama.

Thanks for your help everyone. After hours of stress I think I have found the right deal for us - half the time in a lodge and half in a pension, which suits us perfectly. Going to book tomorrow so we will see you all on the slopes in dec/jan. Cant wait!

• 3 weeks later...

I think that with all the new condos, apartments etc. theres more accomodation than there used to be and its cacthing up with demand - slowly... if you are looking to do it cheaper, stick with the local companies. They don't charge you for the cost of foreign staff, advertising etc. I booked through Experience Niseko. They only deal with local Japanese places. Got an awesome package on lift passes and accom. When I made my booking bout 2 weeks ago, I could choose from 3 different lodges, and varuous types of rooms within each - so my verdict... still plenty of accom if you know where to look.

Originally Posted By: bebeuchi
I think that with all the new condos, apartments etc. theres more accomodation than there used to be and its cacthing up with demand - slowly... if you are looking to do it cheaper, stick with the local companies. They don't charge you for the cost of foreign staff, advertising etc. I booked through Experience Niseko. They only deal with local Japanese places. Got an awesome package on lift passes and accom. When I made my booking bout 2 weeks ago, I could choose from 3 different lodges, and varuous types of rooms within each - so my verdict... still plenty of accom if you know where to look.

Local companies advertise and have staff as well....

Foreign staff often cost less than hiring locally anyway.

And when people talk about accomm booking out they are usually talking about western style apartments not Japanese run pensions.

The biggest problem about all the accomm available now is that more and more people are able to come during the peak period (xmas to mid Feb). So during this time the place is ridiculously packed. When there was a lot less accomm available people spread out over the season more.