From about 2600 meters the mountains saw a bit of snow. Woke-up and had a coffee before work, looked out the window and saw the peaks barely poking through with snow in the pockets. Needless to say the drive to work wasnt boring today my mind was racing with skiing on the brain!

The town dropped down to about 10 last night

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick, ft; u know how 2 get everyone's blood flowing with this kind of news.

dan and i and the girls r making a tokyo weekender's trip to karasawa leaving tonight! stoked. risa's back is apparently good enough to hike. will hopefully bring back pics of hotaka with snow on top of it

Well I'm 3-4 hours south of a crappy looking hill with a T-Bar just inside Yukon Territory and 7 hours north of Shames and Smithers Mountains in Terrace and Smithers.

It's all backcountry skiing around here and I'm looking forward to it.

And I'm nowhere near the Rocky Mountains. I'm on the east side of the Coast Mountains

thumbsup.gif

Originally Posted By: Toque
Well I'm 3-4 hours south of a crappy looking hill with a T-Bar just inside Yukon Territory and 7 hours north of Shames and Smithers Mountains in Terrace and Smithers.
It's all backcountry skiing around here and I'm looking forward to it.

And I'm nowhere near the Rocky Mountains. I'm on the east side of the Coast Mountains

thumbsup.gif

We need maps. \:\)

It appears that the first snow has even fallen in scotland!! The farmers are complaining that they haven't got the lambs off of the mountains yet and the top of Ptarmigan Bowl in the Cairngorms has a dusting of snow.....happy days, c'mon Japan!!! clap.gif