• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score may be close (with a defensively dominated match, and a heap of good luck for England) but the reslut will not be a 'close call' - Australia will win. I can imagine England defending well enough in a slow game to keep the score to about 15(Eng - all pens) - 22 (Oz).

But there is a good chance the result won't be a close call either - like Aus 42 - Eng 13 (maybe only 15-3 at halftime, England landing 2 pens and a consolation try from the forwards, Martin Corry maybe, in about the 63rd minute)

This is my attempt at ESP...

France have a better chance of beating NZ than England do of beating Oz.

England are a funny bunch. You expect them to win and they will not fail to disappoint. You expect them to go down like a dog but they hang on by the skin of their teeth.

Close call I reckon. 3 or 4 points in it.

Originally Posted By: AK 77
Er, the Jocks are still in it... in the QF against Argentina.
Not a great place to be, but still there.

oh just getting confused with Wales and Ireland

This is not what I want to see. A soft win.

England do most of their training in private, but a juicy piece of classified information sneaked out yesterday. Their forwards have been preparing for tomorrow's World Cup quarter-final against Australia by practising drop-goals.

Unless of course it's the Wallabies. \:D

I always thought, and still think the kiwis will win it. I thought France had the bottle to come in as outsiders. In that I was wrong, and Argentina have proved to be the bolters.

Why don't the tri-nations include Argentina and the Pacific islands in the southern hemisphere comptition?

I dunno if Scotland will progress, probably not. In fact my knowledge of rugby could be written on the back of a gnats arse!! lol.gif I just hope that England don't win it, I can still remember the TV coverage from last time, the BBc were creaming their pants at the great win "for the nation".