• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Very sporting of you SG....... Been on the receiving end of too many sheep jokes eh? I was going to throw my support behind the Kiwis, but you just reminded me why you are not deserving of it.

I dont care who Australians support, I would respect you more for supporting France.
Sheep jokes? dude there are more sheep in Australia, arent you sick of being on the end it too? no I loathe arrogant cocky Australian sportsmen and there are plenty, especially in cricket.

Well Done France, won the game - not fair and square but won it nevertheless, a blatant forward pass that led to French try. Rookie ref made plenty of mistakes wouldnt know what offside was if it smacked in the face, panicked like the dumbass kiwis in the last 5 mins. In front of the posts for ages then take a dropy from 50m? JFC unbelievble schoolboy rugby.

Still I will take consolation that the wannabes are gone too, that would have really stung if they had won.
If Fiji could pull of a miracle tonight then that would be something else too.

All Blacks are the Sergei Bubka (pole vaulter) of their sports, hands down the greatest ever in their sport, but only one win in the one the really mattered. Olympics and World Cup

Originally Posted By: SG

All Blacks are the Sergei Bubka (pole vaulter) of their sports, hands down the greatest ever in their sport, but only one win in the one the really mattered. Olympics and World Cup

Geez. That doesn't sound arrogant or cocky at all.

No that is fact Mantas, The All Blacks have a positive win record against every nation they have played (70% against Oz). They have won 318 of the 428 matches played, a win percentage of 74.13% and have only ever lost to 5 nations.

Facts speak for themselves, I actually plagiarised that analogy from Time magazine.

Don Bradman was hands down the greatest ever cricket batsman- fact. I would never accuse anyone of being arrogant or cocky, even an Australian who claimed that, so why the cutesy "Geez" stuff?

You guys are proud of Bradman, we are proud of the AB's, it would hypocritical to deny either the tag of greatest, when facts speak for themselves.

Its common knowledge we put all our sporting eggs in one basket with sport and the AB's.

They lost today, such is life. They have choked at World Cups like Bubka at the Olympics, its quite bemusing to contemplate, its a funny old thing sport. The fall is long one from the top.

I am now looking ot enjoy the rest of the World cup.

I am not going to get into flame war about Australian sportsmen here. I have nothing more to add.

And neither should you! The All Blacks are a bloody good team and always have been. BUT....

WOOOOHOOOOOOO clap.gif clap.gif

Hahaha! Sucked in mate! ;\) Especially after that tirade against us further up after we lost to England! I bet you wish you had waited before posting that lol.gif lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
I bet you wish you had waited before posting that lol.gif lol.gif

not at all, because I loved every second it, it was great to watch.
The wannabes losing has definitely softened the blow.

8a9242a3d4.jpg
even got the colours right now
 Originally Posted By: SG

I am not going to get into flame war about Australian sportsmen here. I have nothing more to add.

lol.gif

No I think you have just about covered it all. ...lets have a recap.

You called the Wallabies "Flakes", the forwards "fat and useless" with "george 'has been' Smith leading the way" All because we lost by 2 points to the reigning world champs.

You called our sports people "cocky and arrogant"

You said you would rather cheer for a "al qaeda selection" than Australia.

You then made excuses for the Kiwi loss, saying the "France, won the game - not fair and square" and blamed the "Rookie ref " who " made plenty of mistakes " (there's nothing more pitiful than a whimpering Kiwi)

You then went on to explain how the All blacks are the best rugby team in the world, despite having achieved almost FA in the last 5 truly global rugby contests, spanning the last 20 years......mmmmmm (still trying to work that one out. )

Are you sure you don't want to embarrass yourself any further? ;\) But hey, you didn't really want to start a 'flame war' did you?

nice one mate, misquote me to make yourself look better - excellent work.

I called the Wallabies forwards flakes - not the whole team.

Did you see they the game? they were shocking.

I called one - Matt Dunning fat and useless - not all eight are fat

Smith is a 'has been', many people will tell you the same thing, hes a shadow of his former self.

I would rather cheer for anyone other team, just like the head of the ARU John Oneill would do the same to England it seems

we all hate England

many of your sportsmen are cocky and arrogant - Ponting, Warne, Mark Waugh, Tuquiri, Elsom, Leyton Hewitt anyone??

Your Cricketers are notorious for it, continually so over the years, this story below was just this week.

Harbhajan: Aussies are arrogant

Naturally I enjoy seeing teams like that get beaten.

There are plenty nice guys in Australian sports too its a shame the other ones blight the rest

I also gave France credit and congratulated them but you failed to see that. The referee was rubbish and didnt help in a very close game but at the end of the day NZ blew it. Cest la vie

Yes whimper whimper cry cry whah whah.

They are not the best in the world today but they are still currently #1 in the rankings but I didnt say that, there you go again misconstruing, since 1905 they have been the greatest international team with the winningest record.

I admit they have trouble at the world cup but the world cup is every four years there are lot of games in between that 'count'.

I hardly see how a 2nd, two thirds and a fourth in the past 5 cups count as F.A.? I guess only first place counts for anything aye?

I am never gone to win here, or get anywhere at all, you are the kind of guy who is never wrong, Spud found that out too.

Spud ? You mean the Spud that was banned from the forum.

I'll tell you the same thing as I did Spud. YOUR DOING ALL THE ATTACKING. I'm just defending. Surely you can't expect to mouth off like you did and not provoke a reaction.

Yes you are right on some points. Leyton Hewitt is arrogant along with some others you mentioned. The All Blacks are a great team and NZ is a great rugby nation.

have you listened to the post match interviews with the Wallabies? All full of adulation and praise for the English, the same from all the media here. Defeated and humble. Hardly arrogant. 'Hate' is a word bandied around a lot in sport, but what does it mean. When 10000 English fans were singing we had Shane Warne whilst he hoisted the Ashes trophy at Lords, what does that mean???

I took exception to the tone and direction of your posts and your sore loser attitude. I'm sure people don't want to hear a slagging match between you and I so lets leave it at that.

Now if you excuse me . I have to ring my brother in law in England and sing sweet chariot to him. sjangry.gif

wow some heated exchanges going on this thread...

Argetina v Scotland - close call but I think the Jocks will edge it.

South Africa v Fiji - South Africa will have it wrapped up by half time

Originally Posted By: Bushpig

WOOOOHOOOOOOO clap.gif clap.gif

Hahaha! Sucked in mate! ;\) Especially after that tirade against us further up after we lost to England! I bet you wish you had waited before posting that lol.gif lol.gif

He he he.. I was out with the rugby team and all the NZ boys were dying to see Oz lose so they wouldn't have to face em in the semi's.
Only stuck around till just after half time in the NZ game, but boy that would have been good to be around for.. Karma! \:\)

SG, not to derail this thread, but that Harbajan whinge was pathetic! He gives it but can't take it. He is a known whinger, and has done so over many years, so I wouldn't be too quick to quote him to back up that line of argument.

Anyway, we are both out of the cup! lol.gif

Originally Posted By: stemik

you're just saying that cos you feel guilty!!! ;\) lol.gif

Cheers Soubs, TBH dunno how its gonna go, just hope we give it a good go. At least if we tried to make a game and failed then we can have no arguements. Sounds like its not just Scots and English that have the chips on their shoulder though, eh?? \:D lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

no seriously wanted the scots to win, still remember Falklands, Hand of God Goal, beckham being sent off...etc..
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Campese is the all-time champion Ozzie Whinger. He liked to dish it, but was never slow offloading into empty space when threatened with a hit.

Yes he was/is Soubs. He was loved by Aussies and loathed by just about everyone else. Aussies tend to overlook someone's character floors if they excel at their sport. That doesn't mean that we don't recognize them as Arseholes.

Originally Posted By: stemik
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Hand of God Goal, beckham being sent off...etc..

hahaha, these are the things that we LOVE about Argentina!! lol.gif

Did you know that for the millenium, the Daily Record held a poll of Scotlands 100 greatest goals, voted for by readers. Archie Gemmils goal against Holland in the 1978 World Cup came first, but Maradonna's Hand of God against England got voted 2nd!!!! lol.gif

Bit late to this thread, but amusing to see all the southern hemisphere recriminations after all that misplaced confidence last week. The Aussies are definitely a decent side but were simply not ready for a well drilled England pack, and the ABs are a great rugby side - I'd happily admit they are probably the best in the world right now - but when faced with determined opposition of sufficient class they can't win the games that count.

Well done England and France.

The Aussies get more sympathy from me than NZ because so many Kiwis have such an overbearing arrogance about rugby - to the extent that they have been denying the FACT that England are still world champions - at least for another 4 days...