• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But no-one gave us a chance back then. It was all New Zealand and England talk.

We trounced New Zealand (the favorite) and the Poms scrapped a win in the dying seconds with pansey field goal.

there has only been 5 world cups. Australia has been in the final of 3 and won 2.

So don't count us out yet

Here's another interesting statistic I heard a while back.

England has approximately 500 000 amateur rugby players.

Australia 70 000.

So despite the fact that they have been playing Rugby a couple hundred years longer than us, they also have more than 7 times the selection pool to choose a national team from.

You'd think they would've won EVERY World Cup with that advantage.

putting it in perspective while admitting they won fair and square, but also slyly slipping in "the Poms scrapped a win in the dying seconds with pansey field goal."??? lol.gif Nice Mantas! thumbsup.gif I do this myself a lot, but it hardly sounds like admitting the better team won now does it? More like they were lucky to snatch the win, but we deserved it!

OK...... the pansey field goal comment might have been out of line. But that's a gripe I have with Rugby in general, not just the poms. Too many easy points from field goals and penalty goals.

Just as a team is putting the pressure on near the try line, they look like they are going to bust through any second then..........the ref blows the whistle because of some obscure ruck infringement. Stop.....Stop everything.......get the water bottle out, lets all sit around for 5 minutes while we watch some pecker head try to kick a goal!

Good luck to the Poms, I was actually glad to see them finally win something on the world stage. They were better than us. They won.

There ....sporting enough for ya?

Honestly, how many times has an international match been decided on a refs call about someone's knuckle being 3 inches from where it should be?

I'm not that big a fan of rugby. I will enjoy the world cup though.