1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Nothing official summer hols but I have a good deal for a Japanese company cos its so flexible. It's complicated though, you've been warned...

Every Wednesday off (fixed, company is closed)

One other day a week off, but I can work and get time in lieu. (Daikyu - have to be used within the company year (Apr-Mar)

National holidays (I can get daijyu as above)

23 paid hols to take whenever (Yukyu - I can carry them over to the following year, some people cash them in)

3 days at New year.

The shop and clinic staff have a pretty innovative system. They get every Wed & New Year like me and then they have 86 holiday points which they can use whenever they want or cash in at a day's salary per point. If they use them on regular days 1 day is one point, but the have to use more points for weekends and peak times. They also get charged double points if they are sick or take sudden days off.

If we don't have any hols left and get sick we can take unpaid leave.

Me Tarzan is the same as Soubs'lady though. \:\(

Sounds like a good system mejane, but do the J employees feel free enough to actually use them normally? At my school, although we have the right to a certain amount of paid holidays, many people don't actually take them because of perceived pressure. Fark that!

Yep, there's a good mentality here. Hours are 10am to 7 pm and they lock the building at 8, my boss doesn't agree with overtime!

Most people work 6 days a week at least once a month to build up their hols but use them all in the year. They don't normally take more than two consecutive weeks off but think nothing of taking a week here or there.

With 7 workers (3 in two shops) plus 4 in the factory, running 364 days per year, there's no fat in the system. She took her laptop to Thailand and faxed the internet orders back. We are both getting old, but there's no let up for her.

I might be able to get away for 3 weeks in August too. Seems the Uni's Track is being relaid with a brand new track so no practice!!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooo! clap.gif clap.gif

>It's looking like i'll be on Summer vacation thru the end of the year!

mate, lemme know if you and yer missus are in town cool.gif

surely it's an annual leave allocation that you can have anytime of the year. For instance, 3 weeks for winter on the snow and 2 for the beach in Summer.

I think none of us here would spend their entire vacation allowance on the beach.

I actually dont get "vacation" as most normal people do. We have time off but we are actually considered on the clock year round. Extremely busy being a homeroom teacher and club coach. Those in themselves are full-time jobs yet I still have to teach, plan,grade etc. So glad to be getting semester grades in the computer today and then a 3 day weekend to relax \:D

Onnly 5 working days to go....sweet, also a long weekend this year, nice one!!

I have 6 weeks off at summer, 1 in October, 2 and half at Xmas and 1 at Easter, pretty nice