The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a complete joke

Quote:
The Premier League's proposed 39th game was given the last rites by the Football Association at Soho Square on Thursday.

The FA board declared Project Scudamore 'unsustainable' after a five-hour summit meeting and want the matter cleared up 'sooner rather than later' so the flawed scheme does not impact on England's campaign to host the 2018 World Cup.

This guy is an absolute nutter. Has he found one person to support him other than the TV networks and advertisers? Surely this is something you should lose your job for, what a moron.

You're thinking the real world bobby... he's probably get a promotion!!!

Should be a good game tonight against Newcastle, pity it starts in the middle of the night.

I'm looking for Birmingham to give Arsenal a bit of a shock.

Eduardo just had what looks like a horrific ankle injury. Well, said "looks like" thats what they say and play stopped for 8+ minutes. The commentators just said that Sky wasn't showing replays because of the graphic nature. (The one replay we did see it didn't actually look that bad, but obviously it's a major injury)

"Sky Sports are refusing to show a replay of the challenge on grounds of "taste", which suggests the injury is serious."

Quote:
but I've just seen a picture of Taylor's challenge, and it is completely and utterly disgraceful. Flying through the air studs up, he lunges in halfway up the shin of Eduardo's standing leg. The striker's leg clean snaps at a right angle; no wonder Fabregas was holding his head in his hands the minute he saw it. It's going to be an ethical dilemma for sports editors across the country, this picture.

Guardian

That does look very nasty. Poor fella.

We'll have to wait for the news of the world tomorrow to give us the story. Just showed the same replay at half time here now and from this angle it didn't look like more than any other bad tackle. Obviously the injury out of it was but it'll be interesting to see the stories.

I'm not usually into football but turned on the TV last night and channeled surfed a bit before stopping on this game, I saw the tackle it looked like a fairly innocuous tackle initially and I thought Eduardo was milking it but alas he was not.

here is the start of the tackle, its not hard to see what happened next

Warning, spoiler!

screenshot201ts1.jpg

tough break, figuratively and literally. poor man.

Ouch!

But apart from that very nasty incident, glad to see Arsenal only get a draw and United put 5 past Newcastle again. 11 goals in 2 games. Pity we had to let one of theirs in ;\)

Hate to say it but Birmingham really did do well, they sure raised their game. Been a bad period for Arsenal, hopefully we can get back on track real soon otherwise it will all be over.

Eduardo is one of my favourites as well. He will miss Euro 2008 of course, not a happy birthday for him.

ManYoo always seem to give Newcastle a spanking.

I watched the video of the tackle on footytube and its nasty!! On tv it didn't look like much, but Match of the Day showed it from a different angle and its horrible how his leg just snaps. I don't think there was any intent at all, and both parties were unlucky at the outcome, obviously Eduardo was a tad more unlucky. Hope he recovers well enough to play again

Wow Newcastle 1-5 Man Utd.

Erm, is it just me or is Keegan not doing so well? I saw some statistic like they scored only 3 goals since he took over? He is like the main character from a soap-opera about humans made for aliens.

They must love playing Newcastle!

Quote:
He is like the main character from a soap-opera about humans made for aliens.

lol.gif funny

Good job we had Torres there in the team this weekend.