The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

The Grauniad:

"One player who might not be laughing this morning is Wayne Rooney.

The Daily Star reports that the England international came out top in a poll of 2,500 women to find the ugliest footballer in the world.

Luke Chadwick came sixth."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Gerrard making a fuss and using it as an excuse, but that sounds weak to me that.

Steven Gerrard whinging about something, well I never.

The Toon are still going out with Northern Rock on the shirts. Its like being sponsored by Enron!

Hey Bags, see this mate?

Quote:
Arsenal departed the Carling Cup with a snarl last night as Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner were involved in an ugly spat in the home side's penalty area which left the Denmark international with a cut on the bridge of his nose and blood staining his shirt.

Frustration boiled over late on when, with the visitors trailing 4-1 and preparing to take a corner, Bendtner, who had already put through his own net, and the substitute Adebayor started pushing and shoving each other at the far post. Tempers were frayed further once the Dane had been cut - there were suggestions that he had been head-butted by his team-mate - with the pair eventually separated by their captain, William Gallas. He also remonstrated angrily with Bendtner, while Eduardo da Silva and Bacary Sagna dragged Adebayor from the scene.

And 2 more for Ronnie. \:\) I wish I had been able to see it, good game by all accounts.

Poor old Manchester City, beaten by some balloons. lol.gif

5th round:

Fifth round fixtures:

Bristol Rovers v Southampton

Cardiff City v Wolves

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Barnsley

Manchester United v Arsenal

Preston v Portsmouth

Coventry City v West Brom

Chelsea v Huddersfield Town