The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

Life would take a hit if we didn't have our footie fix on the telly!

I know what you mean stemik. The next day just isn't the same, even if you don't know the result and watch it without fast forwarding.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
When I know the score...

I'm dead clever so I'll let you into a secret.

Warning, spoiler!
You can record the game then avoid the score before watching it. Then you, well, you won't know the score.

But whats the point in that?? When all you want to know is the result and you know that you can check the internet for it? Why sit through 90 mins when you can check the score then watch the highlights?

Like I said, unless its my team, however I don't see many Dundee United games being screened live over here!! lol.gif

Cos I'm impatient and can't be arsed watching 90 mins of a game that i know the score in, so only want to see the highlights of the game. the only time I want to see a whole game is when its live or when its my team playing. If i missed the live game then I only wanna see the highlights.

Quote:
Liverpool (are really rubbish and) face an uphill task to qualify for the latter stages of the Champions League after falling to defeat at Besiktas.

The hosts were gifted their first when Sami Hyypia deflected in Serdar Ozkan's strike and they doubled their lead when Bobo slid the ball under Pepe Reina.

Steven Gerrard gave Liverpool hope with a flying header on 85 minutes but it was too late for Rafa Benitez's side.

The Reds are now bottom of Group A with one point from three matches.

One of the Big Brains on the other page suggested this and I think it might just work.

Quote:
Cos I'm impatient and can't be arsed watching 90 mins of a game that i know the score in,

Just don't "know the score" when you watch it.

We should have got more than 4 again I think. ;\)

12 goals in the last 3 games. Not bad.

I'm glad I didn't wake up to watch Liverpool, sounds like a bore. This season have you played well without that Torres in the team at all?

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
One of the Big Brains on the other page suggested this and I think it might just work.

Quote:
Cos I'm impatient and can't be arsed watching 90 mins of a game that i know the score in,

Just don't "know the score" when you watch it.

bit of a smart arse, aren't you??

I WANT to know the score, its the whole point of the game. When I can easily get the score from the internet, whats the point in waiting 90 minutes to get the same information? I wanna know how it went and if there are highlights then great. Like I said I'm impatient

Yeah, you have, but what I'm saying is that once I can get the score, I have no interest in waiting through 90 mins to watch a game. I can see the important parts quicker. I don't want to enjoy the full 90 mins when I know that I can get all the joy of the game in a highlights package