The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Russia have to win in Isreal which is far from assured, however Isreal have nothing to play for.

I'm still livid about it, I love the big national championships - they make the summer Great.

Yeah Stemik, our bubble has burst, apparently Scotland were woeful last night. Georgia played with 2 17yr olds and a 16yr old and we still couldn't beat em!!! Oh well I knew the wheels would come off sooner or later and now the stage is set for us to fill our traditional greatest also-rans!! We will play Italy at home and we need to win, but there'll be some convuluted way that Scotland will spill blood and guts and just not make it by the skin of their teeth, bloody typical!! And you jammy buggers will somehow manage to squeeze thru at the last minute!!! \:\(

It sure was.

From Guardian today:

If England fail to qualify for Euro 2008, it will cost the economy at least £1.25bn. (Daily Star)

Rio Ferdinand had gone 1,021 minutes without conceding a goal for Manchester United and England before Roman Pavluchenko struck. His next spell lasted four minutes. (The Times)

Some talk of Martin Oniell being next england manager, or maybe even Mourinho! Either of those would be very nice thankyou.

LFC vs EFC this weekend in high vision glory \:D

Quote:
Drogba: I'll win the title before leaving

Didier Drogba has insisted he will help fire Chelsea to the Premier League title this season despite being desperate to leave Stamford Bridge.

Drogba is determined to quit the club at the end of the campaign following the departure of manager Jose Mourinho and admits he can't even look at certain players because of their role in the 44-year-old's shock exit last month.

So, Chelsea are obviously going to win the Premiership this season. Now you know.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Back to form please.

Another 4 goals. Nice. I wanted to see more at the end they really sat back for the last 15 minutes, would have been good to get that goal difference looking more healthy.

Originally Posted By: rach
Another 4 goals. Nice. I wanted to see more at the end they really sat back for the last 15 minutes, would have been good to get that goal difference looking more healthy.

don't be greedy 4 goals away from home is nice enough for any team ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I fell asleep just before half time and missed most of the goals! doh. The Boro Chelsea game was a super snoresville!!

Thats my problem..i dont think i've watched a "full" game yet