Looks like my wonderful Japanese life is going to be ripped out from under me. My company is giving me the option of move or be fired.

hmmmmmmmm

anyone got a job out there that pays $25M Yen or so?

I'm debating on whether to give them the finger and stay here to start my own business. Has anyone here started thier own biz? How difficult is it? I have a spouse visa and a comfortable savings so i'm not in any rush to move...

Kanashi.....

Damn, I hope you can find a way to stay SJA, stupid A-holes. mad.gif

There are quite a few head hunting offices in Tokyo that hire foreign staff for big companies and the like. Some friend had the same problem like you and now is working for Deutche Bank. I ll ask around for the details of the offices.

My girlfriend just recomended this one:

http://www.bcg.co.jp/

Nova will pay 25M yen but it will yake about 100 monthly pay days and cost you about 4000hrs of your time.

Depends what kind of biz you are interested in setting up.

I'll be selling my English school soon wink.gif

Im sure SJA only wants to make a worthwhile investment Indo :p ;\)

SJA, bummer about that. Things seemed to be going really well over the winter. Hope it pans out for you. You and the wife thinking bout headin back to the states or youve got enough capital to start up? Keep us informed either way...if it all turns to shite mate head back to Hawaii \:D

I've got a decent savings, we might head to the inlaw's place in Osaka and live off of the interest from my savings for a few months. I have enough for a start up, I'm thinking exclusive English school for rich kids. I don't know jack about teaching, but I know how to run a business. I'd only hire the best teachers and probably set up in Kobe. If you weren't already tenored and making big bank, i'd probably approach you with an offer...

In anycase, we'll have to chat when i'm in Osaka in July.

Don't worry. Nova just got a 6 month suspension from recruiting students for long-term (one-year or more) contracts. Their business practices have been under investigation for quite some time.

SirJibAlot,

I had the pleasure to talk to you for a very short time. You seem to be a very nice person to be around, and most of your posts are positive to read.

You are young, you have savings and a spouse visa.

You can do better than NOVA

i think You can do whatever you want here in Japan.

But the world is so big, and maybe you should see what your current job can offer. there are so many nice places in this world (still)

have you thought about going to Europe?

I'm open to anything, but i'd like to stay in Japan. Not to worry, NOVA or any other 'teaching' job is out for me, I'm not a good teacher. But I intend to find something in Japan - I wanna be here for the next snow season!

Do qualified teachers actually get a different kind of job than the unqualified masses that go to Japan to teach? I suppose maybe like the job you have got CB, some posh schools that want the real deal?

I might be talking rubbish, don't shout.

Good luck SirJib, let us know how it goes.

nah no different really. The few exceptions like some international schools do require teachers who are qualified teachers in their home country, but that is the exception, not the rule.

not really, cos only the qualified get those plush jobs. Also, I think most actual qualified teachers (I'm not talking EFL, TESL etc. masters/phds) are not that likely to give up their profession to come to Japan and work up from the bottom rung.