• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

Was supposed to have reached 37 degree's C here yesterday - it was pretty hot, but I didn't see a weather report last night so it is unconfirmed...however they are forecasting 39C for today. I have another outside around the pool party to pull off this afternoon - arrghh!!

I SURE am dreaming of fluffy white COLD snow at the moment!!

yikes....Perth Zoo on a 39 degree day. Are they still in school?

Mine are finished...so they are under foot!

Looks like it is going to be HOT when we leave Perth too - so it will be jeans and a singlet top to the airport, and a big thermal warm top packed into the back pack to cope with chillier climes in Tokyo.

The worst part is coming BACK to the heat.

I went back to Aus last week for a funeral. Got out at Melb airport in 32 degrees and damn near fainted. That's about the warmest temp I've experienced in the last 3 years. Luckily only about a half hour after arrival a cold front came through dropping the temps back to something much easier to handle.

Fortunately i had forethought when young to realise that having kids early enough, they would be off my hands and with their own children, well before i made mid forties.....so while i go for a swim they can drag the grandchildren around the zoo fighting flies in almost 40 degrees......bless em.

ahhh...so samandfee your kids are not kiddies at all..? They are parents themselves?

I am in that position with the older two - however I will be closer to 50 by the time the youngest is off on his own. It is really nice being youthful and fit enough to hang out with your adult children in the ski fields though...isn't it!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I went back to Aus last week for a funeral. Got out at Melb airport in 32 degrees and damn near fainted. That's about the warmest temp I've experienced in the last 3 years. Luckily only about a half hour after arrival a cold front came through dropping the temps back to something much easier to handle.

Sorry to hear about the funeral GN.
Your input was missed while you were gone.

But YES it is awfully hard to get off that plane knowing how hot the blast of air is going to be!

Yes Mamabear, would like the notion of skiing with the tribe sometime or other, the little grandchildren would be off like ducks to water i'm sure, but their parents would hate it now i'm sure also,couples with kids very hard gig.

Much easier for me,Japan in a few weeks, then Argie in august probably............but today i have melted into 3 people, one i left in a sweltering carpark in Freo. Thank you to the person who invented the fridge.