• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Gotcha beat Indo! 6 bucks a week for 5 hours riding my bike delivering pamphlets to peoples letter boxes! Then 12 bucks a week on the local milk truck. Running for 4 hours.

Beat? I dunno.. your $18 for 9hrs effort.
My $10 for under 2hrs effort.
I declare me the winner! clap.gif

Chin up, you tried hard! ;\)
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
I don't even know what 4/6d is!!! wakaranai.gif

When Oz went to decimal currency, they made ten shillings (10/-) the dollar. Six pence (6d) is half a shilling, and therefore became 50 cents.

4/6d is 45 cents.

Easy.

I cleaned fish in Alaska for 6 bucks an hour and 9 overtime. 16 hour shifts cleaning fish. (well... and smoking refers at break.) Anyway, I lived in a tent and ate halibut cheeks for breakfast and whole salmon for dinner. I slept with a girl that really did smell like fish. I almost got killed by a coke-head until a friendly woodsmen came to the rescue and held a knife to his throat. I accidently drank cool-aid that some facker pissed in. I saw a guy swallow a hallibut eye for sex (it was a dare) and saw another climb naked into square meter of blood and guts for the right to choose the radio station. I arrived in AK with 300 dollars. 3 months later (and only like 2 months of work) I left with (I think) 1700 in my pocket and carried absolutely nothing else away from that cannery. I left everything except my fresh "last day" clothes that I had wisely wrapped in a garbage bag and sealed with duct-tape. While the boys drove me to the airport, they made me pound a six-pack and also packed a bong non-stop. I can't believe the staff allowed me on the airplane.

Yeah, summer jobs are fun. I too can't believe students in Japan need letters of approval.

I did 10 hour shifts in a chicken factory, standing next to the plucking machine, turning them from upside down to right way up as they came through on the line.

I needed to wear wellies, oil-skins and a souwester as by the end of the day I was ankle deep in-, and plastered with chicken shit, feathers and blood. lol.gif

Quote:
I saw a guy swallow a hallibut eye for sex (it was a dare)

umm, a girl slept with a bloke who swalloed a giant fish eye? i don't know many girls who would sleep with someone who did a gross-out act to impress his mates...

wicked summer job though samurai. fark, what a story

And then they have foreign teachers like us who (brag?) about the glory jobs we endured throughout our educational careers. shifty.gif Yeah, dude, you should get a part time job. Go stand in a pool of blood... it makes for good stories.

Working in a fish cannery is the one job I have done that I think everybody should experience, yet would never wish upon any loyal citizen who wishes to be a contributing member of society.

What good could possibly come from throwing a 15kg salmon into the air and having it filleted by the time it hits the table.

Then again, walking into 7/11 and seeing the poor kid adjusting yogurt in a very poorly failed attempt to look busy makes me wonder what in the hell the permission slip is for. You know he pays virtually as much attention in class as well. What else would he be doing with his time? studying?

Originally Posted By: spook
 Quote:
I saw a guy swallow a hallibut eye for sex (it was a dare)

umm, a girl slept with a bloke who swalloed a giant fish eye? i don't know many girls who would sleep with someone who did a gross-out act to impress his mates...

wicked summer job though samurai. fark, what a story

And how many girls do you know would work in a fish factory in Alaska?

I worked the spoon line. Meaning; a giant conveyer moving 6ft halibut. My job was to use my spoon (that had a hose attached to it) to clean the blood-line that ran the spine. I was shoulder-deep in those things. Between me and the coveyer was the gutter of flowing water rinsing away the guts... and the eye balls.

"I'll suck any guys d*ck who eats one of those."

Not a second to let it comprehend and the dude across the conveyer from me grabbed one by the string and just sent it down. Like 12 people just stopped in their tracks. And before I even had an opportunity to laugh, I caught her smiling. She was a heavy-metal girl from Alabama. I could write a novel about that chick. I should. She passed herself around like the delicasy she wanted to be. (and in that environment, she was.)

I could write novels (as in plural) about that one two-month job.

That's what this country's school system needs- work abroad programs.

"How was work today, yuki?"
"Tsukaleta."

that depends on the school. Some schools don't give a rats arse and I know of some kids working pretty young, just like back home. Others don't allow it until they graduate high school.

When I were a lad :rolleyes: it were 12. That's when I started.

It were a morning paper round. One delivery was to a lady who would have been about 25, and had the most enourmous bristols, like a hammock full of melons. I guess it used to amuse her to stand there in her nightie, me with eyes out on stalks

i've done lots of crappy shifts working in factories while i was at uni. and i once spent a fortnight building the cirque du soleil compound.

the most lucrative way i've earnt a buck was as a drug guinea pig in the UK (600quid a day for 3 days) and the most enjoyable was sperm donation.

and despite your earlier explanation soubs, i still can't get my head around imperial currency units

oh yeah samurai - which do you think is the more unattractive prospect?

the heavy-metal chick having to blow some dude or him having to eat a giant fish eye

on paper they both seem about even to me

Originally Posted By: spook
the most enjoyable was sperm donation.

Is it "into the jar" or do they fit you up and let you have a go at the real thing?

Spare a thought for the Artificial Insemination people. They have to get cattle sperm from somewhere. And you thought "tossing a bull" was some kind of rodeo trick.

From what I know it depends on their age and how long they can work. Example, look at all the "tarento" and "aiidoru" who are 12,13,14,15 years old...Morning Shitsume would be the best example. From what I hear the age depends on what job and also the limits the number of hours they are allowed to work by law...though knowing Japan they prolly have those 12 and 13yrs working 70 hour weeks crazy.gif