1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Ok, so here is the english summary (all true and accurate - I am a freelance translator):

- CB used to like boys

- CB joined the track and field club in school because the boys were pretty and all had long pony tails.

- CB went off boys and briefly liked girls.

- CB Kicked arse and got sponsored in triathlons and ironman triathlons.

- CB got injured

- CB went back to boys.

- CB told all the club kids to eat more fruit.

- CB told them to watch the pros train so they could find out how to more efficiently train 3 times a day and maximize the output of their little underdeveloped bodies.

- CB hopes all the kids can learn from his experience without having to go through the painful mistakes he did (like briefly switching to girls)

*Disclaimer: this is a rough translation only, and I bear no responisiblity for any mistakes that may be present.

\:\) Did I get it right CB? ;\)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focker, here's the first rough draft. Not done but peeps will get an idea. Piss off ya Tossa!! \:D

The last time I spoke here I talked about me being rescued while I was skiing in Nagano almost 4 years ago. Since I’ve come to Japan, my most favorite sport is skiing. Other than surfing, there really isn’t a sport as cool, aggressive, dangerous, and spiritual as skiing for me.

But, the truth is, the sport I’ve loved the most my whole life has been running and triathlons. I started running when I was 5 years old. Of course, when I was that young I didn’t run very far. But I found out at a young age that I really liked running and the feeling I got from it. Also, it brought me close to my father, who was also a runner and triathlete. My father did the Ironman triathlon in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 3 times. He was a very strong athlete and won his age group and also set new course records for his age group many times. I have to say it was my father who got me into the sports I love.

At a young age, I started winning many races and started to get known by many of the most famous and professional triathletes who were living in Hawaii. And, after a certain point, was invited out to train with them. Being a young kid at the time, and being able to train with some of the world’s most famous triathletes, was such an honor for me. These guys could do it all! They were such incredible athletes; swim a mile in less than 20 minutes, ride 40kilometeres on a bike in close to 50 minutes, and run a marathon 42kilometers in about 2:15 minutes. And what was incredible about it all was the fact that they could do it in one race, swim, bike, run.

Because I was training with some of the worlds best professional athletes, I not only got faster and faster, but I also got sponsored by Oakley sunglasses, Beaver sun block, and McCully bicycles which is a local bike store in Hawaii. It was because of my friends that I learned how the worlds best athletes not only train, but stretch, eat, and focus their lives around their training.

I think much of the training I have done for both triathlons, Cross Country, and Track and Field, the majority of people can’t actually understand not only how much Ive done, but also how hard and intense it was. Especially when I was in college racing both Xcountry and track and field. Luckily, I got a small scholarship for running. I had a good career racing in High School. I won, my region, county, district and went to state finals many times, I also went to nationals 2xs. I ran the 400 in 50 seconds, 800 in 1:52, and 1500 in 4:05 when I was a senior. My university times were much faster, but because of constant injuries, I never reached my full potential.

Now, why is it I’m talking about my past and making many of you fall asleep? Because, as somebody who was invited to Olympic trials but was denied by my parents because they thought I was too young, formerly sponsored and ranked nationally, and somebody who got a scholarship in college, I know what it’s like to train with the best athletes and how they train. This is why I have to say something about the way club goes on.

There isn’t one school that I know of in America where students practice 3x per day; practicing 3xs per day in the US is unheard of. Not only is it unheard of, I feel it is also dangerous for such young people, who’s bodies are not mature yet, who aren’t strong enough yet to put their bodies through so much. There shouldn’t be any need for you to practice so much. Especially since you’re not professionals and most of you in here never will be professional.

I know things here won’t change quickly, but I really want you to know that I hope you are aware of what you’re putting your bodies, bones, joints, ligaments through at such a young age. At age 31 Ive already had 4 operations – one was due to a pole vaulting accident, the other was due to over training. My only point of this speech today is to say that you shouldn’t need to be training so much. And if you knew what it was doing to your body then you probably would cut back some.

Last paragraph or two arent there and cut and pasted some stuff that I dont want out. Good 'nuff though.

Cheers Thursday...whats up in Jap and Eng was about 2/3 of the speech. Got some really good reactions, both positive and negative, from teachers and students, and many students that I didnt know came up and spoke to me throughout the day... I have heard a few kids say they quit going to morning practice but coach is upset with them so my response to them was to bring me to their coach and Ill have a talk with them.

Not trying to brag, but there's nobody at our school who's trained as much as I have. As many of you know, many coaches/komon here have never even played the sport they're in charge of!!! Shocking, but true. At least I can help with my T&F kids. I cant force them to not do 3 a day practices cuz of another wan*er komon, ya know, the kind of PE coaches who have the Rooster complex? But, I do ask them not to do it...