• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I know almost nothing about Japan - well apart from reading lots of stuff on here since yesterday.

But the Nagano area seems to be the place I'd like to hit more than any.

One thing that comes across though is just how much choice there is.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, a long time since i posted, but I am going to be visiting Hokkaido this winter.

A bit each at Niseko, Rusutsu and Furano. With a few days in Tokyo.

Must have spent days on this site finding out so much info. Thanks site people and forums people.

smile

I told you guys I made my decision in that other thread, Im hitting Hokkers this year!! :thefinger: Besides, it will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to freaking noisy with too many kids running around FT's place for me to be able to relax. Fack, he'll prolly ask me to babysit so HE can go out and ski...the focker... wink lol

Tson, a few of my best mates from Hiroshima live up in Niseko and Sapporo. Will be crashing at Ian's house and also at the Scot hotel where I worked at, my old boss is dying for me to come up! party Wot are you doin Tson? Nags? TBH, I have gone to Nags for 4 years straight, want something different. Thought about other places but really wanna check out Niseko, Rusutsu, and maybe a few other places.

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
This may or may not surprise you, and outright shocking that it may be for paid up member of The Gang, but there are hundreds of very nice decent places to stay in Hakuba.

yawn

yeah?! No! Youre kidding!! Thanks Captain Obvious rolleyes yawn

I want to go to Hokkaido next season, but I am more interested into heading towards Asahidake and Kamui. 1-2 days at "I don't name the resort" wont be a problem if I could head north after that.

Paid member of the gang! WTF You got something to say then say it dont be a smartass.

cb my point being that after the new year you dont have time to do jack, thus we wont see you. Im not going to try to sway you this way.

There may be other places to stay in Hakuba but only at FT's place does the inkeeper abuse his guests. That kind of service garners a certain loyalty and thus we have "the gang".

Don't get me wrong, I am only taking a bit of the piss out of FT. He is a surly b@stard of a lodge owner but I don't know of too many places in the world were you can hook up a ski trip like his. I have been almost everywhere for skiing and the only place that can come close is a little backpacker's at Jackson that has been bought out and will be gone next season (or maybe Rendezous Lodge in Valdez but that is a special case). I would say FT's is the centre of gainjin ski-bummery in Japan and having a grouchy ojisan who can ski and guide like a pro in charge only adds to it. If you are coming to ski then there isn't a place in Hakuba you can beat. Want to hang around with a bunch of gapers and posers? Then there are a lot of places, I guess.

Quote:
Want to hang around with a bunch of posers than there are a lot of places, I guess.

The line of the week, for sure!

rollabout

The bunch of posers all together in one place is definitely a great thing.
I absolutely, totally, totally agree.

dance