• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and jer sipping some after killing it.

that's the Karamatsu saddle behind us (2411m on the topos), one of the lowest points on the Hakuba Ridge from Tsugaike to Karamatsu:

dizzy_78.jpg

my line sunday:

dizzy_79.jpg

my line monday, may 1st. not a bad way to start the month

dizzy_82.jpg

kuma, if you have pics of me chickening out on the spring slough, please put em up or send them to me thx

I'll have another look at what I have. I know I've got some nice river crossing ones. I think the ones of you from Sunday are best for private viewing lol.gif

you'll get them all on disk sometime in the summer

I'm going to save this thread from page 2 by throwing in an off-topic(?) shot of AK77 from early January. He is, after all, a big punter, so he can be in this thread. lol.gif

After getting his ass owned and jacket tree-stained, AK focuses and nails this tree jib on Skyline (Happo One).

kumapix_150.jpg

Kuma in real film picture shocker! Read all about it!

That's a nice composition you had there - the contrast of the snow and branches in the mid groud is really nice. I like the people on the chair in the background too.

It felt so good riding all the way off the end! Better than tree-hugging the branch in the ribs before that one! ha ha.

The other (on topic) shots are fun to see too - nice FT jump shot.

But obviously I'm not in them, so they are all rubbish! ha ha ha.

Oh, and the 1 and a half head high drop off the end was stomped too! For the doubters out there.

Kuma's a pro you know, he wouldn't put out any photos that weren't landed!

Or would he??? Ha ha ha.

Ahem.

AK, not sure if you will want this poster-sized. it might look a bit drab on the wall. Anyways, how about we get a carabiner size shot developped first and see how it looks?

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
I'm going to save this thread from page 2 by throwing in an off-topic(?) shot of AK77 from early January. He is, after all, a big punter, so he can be in this thread. lol.gif
After getting his ass owned and jacket tree-stained, AK focuses and nails this tree jib on Skyline (Happo One).

kumapix_150.jpg

Was that around NYs mate? I remember bushy and I seeing you guys hit that tree from the lifts.

AK got a nice tree stain on his jacket from sliding up the trunk on his stomach.

Dizzy had the bigger spills though. He nearly got to the end and then landed flat on his back lol.gif

That was not a smooth trunk by any means though. It was all knobbed and bumpy

AK we'll reshoot it next winter.

how big is a carabiner??? about 7cm?!

I would like an A4 size or bit bigger print... that's plenty big enough for me.

Just wihout cropping and from the neg - i did this with a couple of b&w skate shots from home and they came out really nice, cost about 1000 yen each.

• 4 weeks later...

This would be a great picture if EBC hadn't forced herself into my shot. This was a Japanese skier who saw people going into the bc and just followed their tracks without knowing where he was going (and obviously without any equipment). He realized halfway across the river that he couldn't carry his skis & poles and jump from rock to rock, so he decided to throw his skis across. Unfortunately for him, when he threw the skis, he lost his balance and fell in the river. He was pretty happy we were there though as we showed him the way back to civilization.

kumapix_153.jpg