Alright I don't have time to do it all in one go so this is like a wikipidea TR. Jer, Dizzy & FT add your pics to this thread.

First up, Dizzy drops a little cornice just for kicks.

kumapix_136.jpg

then gets a nice carve in

kumapix_137.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a day; sat was sick to be out on 13 cm of fresh at the end of april

sunday was fun, too. those are super shots kuma, hope you've had just as good conditions this week

NO SMORKING

Man, yesterday was sketch. massive reduction in snow. The waterfall was pretty scary for me. I just kept thinking that if I lose my edge I'll be in the drink and swept under the snow! Then crossing the river was a hilarious at times experience. All the stepping stones were covered and we had to wade through. I tried to throw my snowshoes across the river and proceeded to throw both in! One came back, but the other floated away... \:\(

The riding was so so. we got up there late and the top was sliding fast wet gunk. It was pretty sketch for a bit, especially when this guy Takashi, we picked up on the way cut above me. I was able to get out of the way in time though. We hit the next valley after mumeizawa (one more up than last time). I cartwheeled in the top section which sucked. but had a good middle & lower section. Don't think i'll be going to Happo again this year.

There is still plenty to ski at happo you just need to plan a bit better. Major slides will fill in the waterfall section again or should and youll be able to get out to the river. at the river you will now need extra shoes and poles.

Korenge will hold snow for sometime to come as well.

FT the pics from the second day (when i went first) looked pretty pedestrian. because i was shooting from below the hill looks flat (looks like a groomed run).

Your big air jump on the first day turned out though. I'll throw that up maybe tomorrow