"Too fat" air hostesses grounded

100's of air hostesses for India Airlines have been banned for flying because they are "too fat" according to the BBC news just now.

(I can think of a few other airlines who could do that ;\) )

I thought I would just share.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mantas,

True about Qantas, but at least the boys are pretty friendly... way more than the old worn out Witches.

Shit, I just worked out why those Qantas guys have been trying to get me so hammered.. eek.gif

Yes hasn't the flying experience deteriorated? We now have a choice of:

Fat Indian women

Skihags

Hell's grannys

old worn out witches

Gay (but friendly) men.

What happened to the hot saucy wenches that used to ply the Airways??

Oh.... bring back the good ol days \:\(

Quote:
Why is it that there seems to be a large number of gay flight attendents?
Yeah why is that? There must be a reason.

I like your idea Indosnm. They seem pretty strict now with the size of hand luggage, why not people.
 Quote:
Originally posted by HighlyTrainedNovaTeacher:
Why is it that there seems to be a large number of gay flight attendents? I often wonder that as it really does seem to be the case.

wakaranai.gif
they all came out of the closet, got in a fight with their parents, ran away, and are now looking for a place to stay. The traveling job allows those who feel outcast by society to always search for a place more comfortable.

Perhaps an insulting generalization, but I have known of that exact situation to occur in real life- so it wasn't all just a joke.
 Quote:
Originally posted by HighlyTrainedNovaTeacher:
Why is it that there seems to be a large number of gay flight attendants? I often wonder that as it really does seem to be the case.

wakaranai.gif
Well I blame the 'gay qantas' phenomenon on that bloody Peter Allen song that Qantas uses for it's ads. I still call Australia home

For those that don't know. Peter Allen was an Aussie born entertainer who was as gay as a French trombone.

I guess gay guys are attracted to men with authority and uniforms. i.e. pilots, male nurses attracted to doctors etc.

All British airlines seem to have haggard old crones as attendants. Apparently its worse in first class because the ones that are there the longest get promoted to first class.

There are loads of gay attentands on Easyjet, all flying out to Ibiza to pick up the gay Germans every week.

I guess its because their job itself has gone to shit.

Now BA although its not a cheap airline has cut back on all the frills. No drink or anything on short flights.

These people are not air hostesses anymore, I dont care if it is sexist, because at one time women were proud to have such a glamorous job. Now they are attendants little more than people seating a bus so there is no glamor involved.

Women fought for political correctness and sterile job positions/titles and look what happened, you get sterile it things, not man, but not exactly women either.

Quote:
No drink or anything on short flights.
I'm confused with BA and their food/drink policy. On some short flights they do server food and drink. For example, my sister took the London > Manchester shuttle flight - which is only about 40 minutes in the air - and got served coffee and was thrown a box of sandwiches/chocolate bar as well (for free).