... keeping things in a safe place and knowing where they are.

Why do I never learn. I keep on telling myself to file important documents away and almost every time I come to look for them they are not to be found. It really frustrates me no end but for some reason it doesn't happen. I think there's a string missing in my brain.

Anything you are just hopeless at_?

Fixing things well or being handy.

I normally start out with good intentions, but any repair job I do is totally half-arsed. I’ve always wanted to learn how to fix surfboards well. I’m not bad, but reaching pro-ding fixer status would be like reaching nirvana for me.

And I am totally useless with cars. Having owned several vehicles older than myself, I’ve gotten pretty good at identifying problems. But knowing what’s wrong and being able to fix it is another thing altogether.

When I first came to Japan, I seeemd to be very patient with situations and was able to put up with more annoying 'let's tatemae' and bullshit situations.

As time goes on, and perhaps I understand more things around me, I am getting much more short tempered in that kind of situation now. I don't particularly like myself for it, but seems it can't be helped.