• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're supposed to wipe the freakin rim of the bottle to keep flies off. Those pussie yuppies started dropping the lime in like the pussies they are. But serious beer drinkers will not drink sol or corona unless there is no other alcoholic drink on the table.

Somehow I don't think there are many yuppies in Mexico. I've got this from the horses mouth, my old roomate was from Tijuana. He says that why Mexican beer is drunk with lime. I don't mind Corona, I have to say. I find it very refreshing. Why is there such a hate towards Corona?

Originally Posted By: 66jzmstr

are one of only five remaining Trappist Ale-producing monasteries, advertising is not necessary.

De achelse Kluis is number 6 and La trappe in the south of Holland is number 7 and there is one in Germany.

Leffe is an abbey beer. There are a lot of other monasteries in Belgium, you can tour them, stay a night for free with and their beer, in return you have to help in the monastery for the day.

Duvel, Westmalle tripel, Hoegaarden grand cru, hoegaarden Verboden Vrucht, Hoegaarden Wit bier, Kwak, Timmermans Peach beer, Delirium Tremens, De Koninck, Orval, Jupiler and of course Stella Artois.

I do like my Paulaner also maybe some Budvar and staropramen.
The Czech are the Beer country closely followed by the Belgians.

Actually Henry Weinhard isn`t a bad American beer and probably the only one I could drink.

Caffrey`s and Beamish, wish you could get beamish here.

As for Ozzie beer well won`t even go there, it`s just minging like that watered down coopers or boags. I bet it`s the contingent that keeps Asahi sales up.

Last but not least Sapporo Red Star Japan`s best beer, why is it so hard to get though?????

Here's some meaningful beer talk from above.

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
actually I looked it up for anyone interested:

Once Borrell had climbed out of the gully, he evidently stood up, back no more than a pace or two from the edge of the gully and facing down the hillside, so that Capa (who had remained in the gully) could photograph him. Just as Capa was about to press his shutter release, a hidden enemy machinegun opened fire. Borrell, hit in the head or heart, died instantly and went limp while still on his feet, as Capa's photograph shows.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/capa_r5.html

Originally Posted By: spacefrog
 Originally Posted By: 66jzmstr

are one of only five remaining Trappist Ale-producing monasteries, advertising is not necessary.

De achelse Kluis is number 6 and La trappe in the south of Holland is number 7 and there is one in Germany.

Leffe is an abbey beer. There are a lot of other monasteries in Belgium, you can tour them, stay a night for free with and their beer, in return you have to help in the monastery for the day.

Duvel, Westmalle tripel, Hoegaarden grand cru, hoegaarden Verboden Vrucht, Hoegaarden Wit bier, Kwak, Timmermans Peach beer, Delirium Tremens, De Koninck, Orval, Jupiler and of course Stella Artois.

I do like my Paulaner also maybe some Budvar and staropramen.
The Czech are the Beer country closely followed by the Belgians.

Actually Henry Weinhard isn`t a bad American beer and probably the only one I could drink.

Caffrey`s and Beamish, wish you could get beamish here.

As for Ozzie beer well won`t even go there, it`s just minging like that watered down coopers or boags. I bet it`s the contingent that keeps Asahi sales up.

Last but not least Sapporo Red Star Japan`s best beer, why is it so hard to get though?????

One in Germany, too? Crazy. Thanks for the heads-up, spacefrog! I'm curious about that German one, as I seldom see Germans brewing many ales.

Yeah the one in Germany is Mariawald and the Dutch one is Koningshoeven that brews La trappe. Not a bad beer either. Never tried Mariawald but they make up the 8 breweries that are allowed to carry the trapist mark.

Originally Posted By: spacefrog
Yeah the one in Germany is Mariawald and the Dutch one is Koningshoeven that brews La trappe. Not a bad beer either. Never tried Mariawald but they make up the 8 breweries that are allowed to carry the trapist mark.

Ah, maybe that's why the two books I've come across mentioned five and not eight. It sounds like those others are Trappist Ales but they are not brewed on the monastery grounds, I'm guessing.