Totally offensive idiots who join and post garbage...

I'm glad to see that the totally offensive idiot that posted a few posts this evening on here has been (apparently) blasted into oblivion.

I sometimes wonder what people like that actually get by posting stuff like that on forums? What's their motivation?

Good work getting rid of it so quickly icon14.gif

I saw it and it was just totally ott trash and deserved to die immediately.

I commend sj on their really quick actions and for the obvious care & attention they give to this place (in general, this being a very good example). Hurrah. Really good job guys.

• SnowJapan Admin

I wasn't around to see it, but I have seen the records (and the moderator alerts that about 10 people sent in within 30 minutes or so, but we only received this morning - thanks) and can tell you that not only was the post - which was posted in 3 of the different sections - just out and out offensive, but it was also a simply ridiculous post.

I also wonder what some people might get out of doing this kind of thing, I really don't understand it.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why a few years ago we made it so that you had to be registered and approved before being able to post on here. Unfortunately, some people like this one yesterday got through that process. And unfortunately as the site/forums continue to grow we are seeing more and more of this kind of thing (which is perhaps unavoidable).

All it does is sadly make us more wary when approving new members (especially when they don't fill out the form properly.)

\:\(

• SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
How come you only got the mails this morning?
Well, we've had a really busy few days here and the last time the mail was checked was around 7pm last night. So we only picked those alerts up this morning.

But #3 did check the forums last night and was able to see to the problem.

good thing about this forum is that it's pretty much idiot free.

nothing wrong with a swear word here and there but Vankers who just want to stir up shiat suck and I am glad we don't have to deal with them here...

I think it's terrible that you stopped checking mails at 7pm. What kind of service is that? ;\)

Seriously, it must really be frustrating having to waste time on stuff like this. Gambatte!

Quote:
I think it's terrible that you stopped checking mails at 7pm. What kind of service is that?
Hahahaha...too true ;\) But seriously it must be hard work keeping this place idiot free.....(well relatively free apart from me)...as forums grow and gain popularity they tend to attract trolls and idiots with to much time to waste posting trash.

Good work SJ!
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the comments.

We're doing what we can to try and keep potential troublemakers off here. Yes, there are more and more of them, as well as more people trying to get on here with the sole intent of trying to sell stuff. It is actually quite interesting seeing the way some people do try to gain access.

• 2 weeks later...