Quote:
The Da Vinci Code movie took $224m (£119m) at box offices around the world at the weekend despite controversy and bad reviews, its distributor has said.
I was invited to go and see it over the weekend and did - was ok but nothing particularly exciting. Reviews have been generally pretty crappy as well.

It seems you can't get away from it here in Japan though everywhere I go posters, books, tv ads, tv specials....

Have seen nothing but crap reviews, but after such a good book what does everyone really expect.

HTNT, I don't want to hear any complaints about the world cup when it's on from you! \:\)

I saw it over the weekend. It was ok actually - not bad, not great.

I remember seeing The Firm after really liking the book and I hated the movie. It was actually better when I watched it again quite recently.

Superman is the next one I'd like to see.

Sad? Why?

People need to make up their own minds when it comes to viewing movies, rather than being told not to by those whose who get get paid to say what they believe.

I'm seeing it this weekend without too much stacked on it being great.

I cant stand reviewers reviews of movies. People get way to serious when it comes to movies and have always been like that. Shite movie reviews are often quite good and good movie reviews sometimes end up being shite movies.

agree with others - read the book instead of watching it.

I saw it last night.

It was ok, but not the best movie ever!

It does seem to have got bad reviews, not only from official reviewers, but real people who have just seen it and not thought it was much good.

some of the most obnoxious pompous prats on Earth are film reviewers.

Giovanni Fazio is one that comes to mind, if you ever read the Japan times you will know this dickhead.

FWIW a couple of my friends with more than agreeable tastes in movies said it was decent enough, so I saw it last night. Personally it thought it was mediocre not terrible and not great either, could have been better but there you go.

In fact it was pretty much the same feeling after reading the book. The story has such juicy, interesting subject matter but both the book and movie fail to capitalize on it well enough.

Many punters just went to see what the fuss was about, if you ban something or cause a controversy about something then people are bound to get curious and want to see it, especially those who havent read the book.