Chocolate is good for you

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
I used to think that too (Cadburys is great), but after living in Japan I have got hooked on the bitter chocolate, thats the way forward.
Cadburys lacks cocao.
Bingo.

One of my first posts on this forum was not unsurprisingly a complaint... about Japanese choco. I was so conditioned to look for crap like mars bars that I couldn't see what was there for my blindness of what wasn't on the shelf. Ocean11 pointed out that English chocolate is far inferior and Japanese stuff actually tastes like, and is, the real thing. Ocean was right and I soon learnt to enjoy the quite high quality J choc. On my return to the western world, specifically the UK, I found that English chocolate is not actually chocolate, not even close: it is metly, smooth, sickly sweet brown stuff with flavourings and 0.0002% cocoa. It's bloody awful \:\)

When I had a resident Japanese connection I was kept in a constant supply of those golden boxes of chocolate almonds with the double layer: milk and bitter. For a chocolate that you could buy at a lowly service station, train platform or corner store... they were superb.

I used to like the meiji ones until Bekham's silly egg appeared on the box.
 Quote:
it is metly, smooth, sickly sweet brown stuff with flavourings and 0.0002% cocoa.
Do you really care what % of cocoa is in chocolate, does that have any real meaning.

I just like what tastes good.
  • 7 months later...

Eating milk chocolate boosts your brain power. In tests at Wheeling Jesuit University, participants were given pieces of dark chocolate, milk chocolate or nothing at all and then asked to carry out computer based cognitive tests. Researchers found those given milk chocolate performed significantly better than the rest.