Hi there girls and boys

How does Japan goverment feel about (I hope you know what I mean with "gray working" , I dont know the official term for it , but working without contract , no tax. etc) "gray working" . Is it common in Japan. I have place to work in Japan (starts early december) but it`s too hard to get workingvisa.

So do I take a huge risk if I come to Japan to work without visa? The place I`m going to work seems very honest and I dont belive there`s going to be any problems with wages etc.

Please let me know about ur feelings about my situation

If I remember correctly, simop was looking for resort work.

If it is casual work at a resort, visa sponsorship will be nigh on impossible. Ideally, you'd come on a working holiday, but if that's not available for your nationality, the chances of getting caught and punished are very slim. Why not go for it?

Maybe it will be OK!

Just follow this example!! Taken from the Japan Times today. Love the headline-

33 foreigners go AWOL after stints at Aichi Expo

Quote:
Twenty Indonesian dancers arrived in Japan on Sept. 1 for a performance at the expo. But police said they have been unable to contact them since they participated in the event, and they did not show up at Chubu international airport in mid-September for their flight back to Indonesia.
Worst case scenario you could find work at a soapland! ;\)

should be fine if it is just resort type work. the government wont crack down on a BandB employing someone to clean a toilet.

If you are thinking about earning big enough money to have to set-up a bank account then I would be more worried

Quote:
Originally posted by simop:

How does Japan goverment feel about (I hope you know what I mean with "gray working" , I dont know the official term for it , but working without contract , no tax. etc) "gray working" . Is it common in Japan. I have place to work in Japan (starts early december) but it`s too hard to get workingvisa.
I know this as under the table work

People just leave the country when the tourist visa runs out. Go to South Korea for the weekend or over to Hong Kong to visit Markie.

I'd go for it

Yogurt is just worried that somebody who enters without a visa is also very likely to duck ropes, and he is sworn to try to shame everybody out of doing that.

However, Yogurt does raise a valid point. What are you going to do for health insurance? You might want to ask how your invisible employer is going to help you if you break your leg in the course of your work/fun. Or make sure you have travel insurance. I'd worry more about that than being deported.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
 Quote:
Originally posted by SKI:
So you want to come and use public facilities etc but not pay tax like the rest of us. Kindly don't do it.
Well I had better be off then lol.gif
Me too lol.gif

I mean, its not like we get ripped off by the government using our money for soaplands, hostess clubs, loading each others pockets, dinner parties, (add whatever you want to the list)...no, theyd never take advantage of the consumer/tax payer :rolleyes: ;\)

Thnx for everybody about comments. I think Im going for it. Im confident about getting payments etc. but I gotta get a good health insurance before leaving Fin.

Maybe I see you all in japan next winter then.