me jane, big congratulations from Shizuoka!

When we got married (on a beach on maui \:\) )

we got lots of advice from friends and family.

i'll pass on two:

Remember to do something fun together AND do something by yourself.

My wife and i both surf, good for the marriage.

I do the snow-thing alone. love my "thunder-time" alone in hte car and on the mountain.

the other thing is: always say goodnight, every night even if you have had a fight

The fights can be pretty nasty and prolonged...but I guess you're up to that stage already anyway.

Aside from that it's pretty much all good... mostly.

I didn't think it would any different from living together but for some reason it is.

Congratulations me jane.

> never thought I'd see flamebait on a wedding announcement thread...

Me and Spiros just had a slight disagreement, that's all. It's not nearly as bad as what Davo and his missus go through. Jeez Davo, chin up, man!

Congrats. My honeymoon was a trip to Japan (first meeting of the j-inlaws...just a little stressful, but they were fantastic)and included my fist visit to an onsen in Awara near Tojinbo. I remember sitting in the roten furo at midnight with large snow flakes settling on my head. It was a fantastic experience, luxurious meals served in your room by kimono clad women, 24 hour access to the furo, beautiful snow covered gardens......then we got the bill eek.gif We could only afford one night.

We had a wedding in the UK, we actually got married at 11:10 am on the 11th of the November (armistice day). The registar anounced to my wife before our wedding that he would be wearing his poppy and hoped that wouldn't be a problem. We were both dumbfounded. I should have pointed out that Japan and GB were allies in the first world war. lol.gif

Anyway best of luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
does the man ski? if he doesnt then you must teach him.
He started snowboarding when I first met him. The first year he broke a few ribs and was out for the season.
:rolleyes:
This is what happened the second year:
userpic21370pic341e9c33f1e500.jpg
:rolleyes:

Did okay last year and looking forward to this one!!
clap.gif

Thanks for the rock quote Mr.W ;\)

So many comments. I can hardly keep up! Thanks all!

TP - That's good advice. Thanks.

Davo - Yeah, we fight sometimes but much less than when we first met! Half the time we were fighting about nothing back then though cos one of us had just misunderstood what the other had said! We've been living together for the last 3 years so I'm not expecting any major changes but you might be right. My mother said be careful not to take each other for granted. She said that some marriages fail because people relax too much and stop working at the relationship.

NPM I'm 31, He's 34. If you'd asked me 4 years ago I wouldn't have imagined myself getting married now either.

About "that 2nd year" - not as serious as it looks in the pic but too painful to walk/board down the hill. He broke his arm and the two pieces of bone slipped past each other. Had to take a taxi to a tiny, dodgy looking country hospital. Turned out the doctor who worked there spent all winter pulling bones back into alignment and did a great job. Not that that was any comfort to those of us in the waiting room who heard the high pitched scream come from behind the dirty faded pale green curtain...

All healed now anyway \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:

It's true love, then. lol.gif

Guess it must be. He even agreed to come rock climbing with me on our 3rd or 4th date despite being scared of heights \:D