Things I don't like in songs...

Not many good lagerphone hits out there \:\)

Any thoughts on the mouth harp (juice harp?), it realy makes the sound on RHCP's "Give it away"

If you like funky sax then I recommend the 70's latino-funk fusion band "Ocho", great stuff!

Besides hating rap - REALLY hating that crap, I absolutely loathe the melodic harmonizing vocals so prevalent in modern R&B e.g. most of the garbage done by Maria Carey, Weird Whitney, et al.

Also dislike the over use of synthetic orchestrations – use real musicians for F%$^ sake - particularly drummers!

> I absolutely loathe the melodic harmonizing vocals so prevalent in modern R&B

Indeed. I have a rather politically incorrect designation for that musical style. Listening to that for 3 minutes and then hitting the OFF switch really renews one's appreciation of silence. It's funnily sad when one of those 'stars' sings a classic song like 'Amazing Grace' and goes up and down six scales on just the first syllable. The horror. The horror.

Quote:
Country is awful, don't get it at all.

Is it widely popular in the States, or are there just certain regions that are heavily into it?
It's pretty pervasive these days - meaning it's spread everywhere. Country anymore is just pop music. Real country music is good stuff. Old Johnny Cash or Hank Williams. The new stuff sucks. I actually just dislike all pop music in general. Even the 'new' American punk is just pop drivel. See 'Good Charolette' for reference.

I had never been a big fan of bluegrass music until two weeks ago. I had travelled north to do some laundry. On the drive home NPR (national public radio) was doing their bluegrass show. Not bad! A lot of banjo AND Harmonica (long live Huey Lewis!) but it was good.

In two weeks I'm meeting some friends from Anchorage in Andersen, AK for the annual music festival. Tons of pot, free love and booze! \:D (The festival is happening and I'm going. The rest is just what I imagine happening \:\) ). Anyone ever been to the Oregon Country Fair? I don't remember much from the three years I attended either \:D