• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: snowdude
My wife does, but removes the towl completly if it is a milky onsen or when no one much around. I normally have my small onsen towl that I carry around with me anyway. But I don't use it in the water only when walking around.

I would like to know about the small onsen towel confused
Is it one size fits all
How do you hold it to hide your bits. do you hold it with two hands like a little pinny in front of you, or wrap it round and hold it in place with a piece of ribbon tied in a bow
Maybe if they had towels with national flags on you would know what country people came from.The fixing of that I will leave to your imagination rolleyes

you just hold it in front of yourself. Pretty much its one size fits all and they are about the size of a large face cloth. You don't need to hold it in front of you, you can just let everything fly free

Yes as TB said one size fits all. I just hold it in front, but sometimes don't bother at all, if not overly busy.

You can either just use a small face towl, or if like me you have been to various onsen hotels, you can collect the various towls which all have the name of the onsen and area.

Ya, I love my onsen....yes, MY own onsen. Did you sense the gloat?? evilgrin

The only mixed baths I've been to are private family ones which don't count. But given the opportunity for the real thing...sure...I'd be up for it..hehe.

Oh..BTW.. party

IMG_7673.jpg

Originally Posted By: Chriselle

The only mixed baths I've been to are private family ones which don't count. But given the opportunity for the real thing...sure...I'd be up for it..hehe.

Oh..BTW.. party

IMG_7673.jpg

Is this really yours? Your own? That is amazing, I need to find someone with a tub like this! biggrin
Originally Posted By: Chriselle

Oh..BTW.. party

IMG_7673.jpg

That is badasssssssssssssss!! party Ive always wanted my own onsen. What city do you live in to have one? (if you dont mind answering)

Back on topic...

How do people view tattoos in public onsen settings? I am a little reluctant because I do have some. Would people be hesitant to talk or distasteful towards them?

Just don't tell em you have tats. Then you can get in and washed...if someone complains to the staff then you've already had a soak....you can't go back there but there are plenty more

Thursday,

Not really a tax but a sign up service charge. Back in the bubble era it was pretty unbelievable....are you sitting down.....

3 million yen or there abouts. I know it's nowhere near that these days but still. Also, we pay a 15,000 yen a month flat fee whether you run the bath 24/7 like in the winter or shut off in the summer when it's too hot to even consider sitting in hot water.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Mama Mia ! my jaw dropped and stays dropped ... all natural stone features, too.

The rock is a famous and very valuable "Mikage Ishii" soft granite known for it's properties to turn from white when dry to deep green when wet. It was quarried here on the Izu penninsula and as far as I know isn't available any more. The upper walls were hinoki but I just redid the whole thing in red cedar a few years ago.