I cant believe that cheese dude hasn't stepped in with the line "... no, but you can get cheese".

Crisps (or chips as I grew up calling them) don't seem to be as common in Japan as the west. Most 'junk food' is generally made of some combo of rice, seaweed, soy or dry fish. Come to think of it, so to is just about everything.

You are stuck if you like chocolate, not a lot of it here. It is also hard to get gummy bears and jelly babies. I don't think you will see them on the 7-11 shelves until they figure out how to make them from some combo of rice, seaweed, soy or dry fish.

Stuck for chocolate? Beg to differ on that - there are varieties galore, and not all sickly sweet like English chocolate.

"Chiokoreito wa Me-i-ji". Da-yo.

Japanese crisps are alright too, although the flavours are all a bit Japanesque. And they don't have the little packs with 7.532 crisps in them that you get in England. Only the face-sized packs that one drunk person can manage all to theirselves.

mmmmm potato chips...

its true, there's lots of japanese-ey flavours but they're all pretty good!! only a few of them are fishy.

as for chocolate, i have two words for you:

melty kiss

they only come out in the winter and they're so freaking delicious....mmmmm le chocolat

la miff de nagoya

waiting.. waiting for the melty kiss to hit the shelves at family mart...

S'right. English people call them crisps. Americans call them potato chips. What English people call potato chips, Americans call 'french fries'.

I think the journey across the water affected their heads a bit and made them forget their English.