• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London town.

I used to live opposite highbury for 6 years when I was a kid. Literally opposite - we had a hamburger stall running out of our garage and everything. I used to go in and watch the last 30 mins of all Arsenals home games. But I don't support them, I was just football-mad.

Not an Arsenal fan myself, of course, but watching the first half of their game yesterday I've got to admit how good they are looking.

Second half they seemed to just sit back and cruise to the result. Any Arse fans here?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no, sounds like a disaster last night in Southampton. Seaman must be on his way out now. I'm kind of glad I couldn't see it..

The England papers are scathing.

0,,2002480352,00.gif

See this scouser, made me chuckle - one of the comments from a reader on the BBC site:

Fantastic effort to squeeze a draw out of Macedonia, I was certain we were destined to lose. What a completely marvellous example of ludicrously overpaid, halfwits demonstrating their true, awful abilities! Thanks for the laugh chaps.

Mark, England

Without wanting more Leeds players in the team, Paul Robinson looks like the guy in form. I only see the highlights now and again, but he's made some great saves this season.

Calamity is agile but not dependable, Richard Wright flaps at everything, and all the other good keepers in the Prem aren't English (Cudicini, Shay, Dudek ...).

We are happy today.

Glad that Arsenal got a taste of defeat from the other scouse team.

I wonder how good David James is. Down the bottom of the league with them dudes.

I personally want Man Utd to find a bit more form too, making it a 3 way chase.

Another thing- anyone seen the 16 year old Rooney in action. The goal he put past Seaman last night was supposed to be pure class, and when I saw him play a few weeks back he looked really good. Looks like a major talent.