Any other SJGF peops @ work today?

mogski's company being extremely anal feel they can rip their employees off of Nataional holidays by pretending to give us longer GW, Obon and Oshogatsu holidays. Now if one does the math this is complete BS and yet the 15,000+ employees at this company just don't seem to or want to realise.

Anyway, welcome back to work all!!!

I can smell winter in the air!!!

Despite loving my Flexons I might have to agree with you on the powder observation! Although you can get stiffer tongues on them to stiffen the forward flex.

A medium? Stay away from the Salomon Park boots as the flex on these is similar to the Flexons at around 75 rating.

As racing boots are a flex rating of around 120-130 and park boots rate around 65-85 you might wanna go for something that is 95 or so.

Salomon has some, I think Techinica has some good boots and so too Head.

For reccomendations I am heavily influenced by what I see in mags and read on BB's, but if you can find the flex rating you like then go with the maker you like or know.

That's my 2c worth! (Maybe danz has something he could add?)

Are you getting new powder skis this year? Or are you sticking with the old faithfuls?

ahhh...boots...

a real pain in the ass if you ask me!

sooo important, but sooo hard to get the right one...I have bad feet, so almost any boot out of the box is no good for me...spend a little extra money to have a real "boot-guy" go through the whole selection process...a good boot-guy can look at your stance in a store and tell EXACTLY what your weak points are in skiing (now joke...its kind of scary)...go to stores and try on every boot you can (and don't feel bad leaving without buying anything!)...remember, what you feel in the store has almost nothing to do with what you feel on the mtn...which is why buying boots is so hard...

I like my boots hard, at least that is what i have now (Head World Cup)...I was on the east coast when I bought them, so when you ski ice 80% of the time, hard is the way to go...I think also the harder the boot, the more performance you will get out of the ski...and likewise, if the boot is too hard for the ski, you might think the ski sucks...but I am kind of longing for a softer boot these days...never been in anything softer than the mid-range...

ok...enough rambling...good luck...are you buying boots in japan?? I think that is crazy...buy them at home...

enjoy..

danz

Mogski is using 01/02 PocketRockets at mo! As Talisker will back up on they are soft as noodles and fat as a Mama Cass! Great ski!

Have yet to try them out in any really great powder as last year Niseko decided that it didn't really want to be snowed on heavily in the middle week of Feb! mad.gif Still I wouldn't be wihtout them. In fact I tried my straight liners(K2 Killer Bees) during the end of the season and they sucked in comparison! (Would be great on the bumps if it weren't for the driver! biggrin.gif)

Mid fats? Salomon Scream's? Volkl G4's? K2 Mach series? Fischer and Atomic seem to be putting out some good fats and mid fats this year too!

Of course demoing is great but in this country that is next to impossible! So read up on http://www.powder.com or http://www.freezeonline.com or http://www.freeskier.com web sites for low downs! Check the BBS'!

cheers mogski

i think i remeber your banana impersonation at the exit to strawberries - happy with skis dynastar 4x4s but want the right boot my current boots are salomon equipe evolution too stiff really like the rossy xxx but too pricy

Quote:
Originally posted by talisker:
...really like the rossy xxx but too pricy

Do it! you will have them for a while! Spend the money and get them if you like them!!! Besides wehere you are you are guaranteed to get your money's worth!

I am sending you 1 yen in the mail toward your purchase!

Everybody let's help talisker! With the traffic on this site if we all send him 1 yen he will be able to get the boots next week!

For an example of similar sucess stories check this out: http://www.savekaryn.com/