• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introducing SnowJapanResorts www.snowjapanresorts.com   Last season we introduced an improved Resort Search feature on our main site. While that was an improvement, we still wanted to try and find

Unexpected. It whizzes round and images flying around like magic! Will play with new toy tonight. Take a rest!!

Looks great but aren't a lot of people going to be put off by having to install Silverlight (or unable to due to work policies). I'm also kind of surprised to see you any new site roll out using Silve

• SnowJapan Admin

SnowJapanResorts is a fairly bandwidth intensive site.

While it is sitting all on it's own on a decent dedicated server, and should certainly be able to cope with greater than normal usage, hundreds of people accessing it at exactly the same time initially as we launch it may well cause issues (ie. slowdown).

As such, we are not linking in and announcing this on the main site just as yet - initially we are just going to announce it here on the Forums and we will see how things go and then link it all up on the main site.

Normal loading times are less than one minute - and on faster connections it will be much quicker than that. It may take a bit longer on slow connections.

But once the main site has loaded, things should be nice and smooth.

WOW!

That looks incredible... never seen a website like that before actually.

Only had a quick play but looks a ton of fun.

:party:

(One thing you may or may not know about I tried to share facebook but the popup couldn't appear properly)

• SnowJapan Admin

Thank you.

Yes aware of that problem @tokyo --- we couldn't test those links before going online as we didn't want to "share" ;)

We will try to get that fixed up.

That is just outstanding.

Never seen anything like it either but it works brilliantly.

Yikes. Top top notch bit of kit.

How long did it take you guys to come up with that? [And how on earth do you find the time??!]

Only just started browsing but love it already. So many facts & details - no wonder it kept you busy for a couple of hours :sj-lol:

Seriously, outstanding job SJ team

• SnowJapan Admin

This particular project has been in development for the best part of a year really.

I have only really been involved in the last few months as my colleagues hatched the ideas, did all the development work and shaped it.

They're now working on Stage 3, but that's a truly huge job and for next year.

Make sure you check out the vids and the help pages.... there is a lot to be discovered that isn't apparent when you first look. You can really delve deep!

Anyway I'm off now for some time off.

See you sometime next week. :wave:

That is very unique, I like it a lot.

Just has some fun comparing stuff in Nagano, Niigata and Hokkaido.

Amazing how many tiny tiny skijo places there are in Hokkaido.

Advances of truly mega proportions this year.

Congratulations, job very well done.

Will tell people about it. Have a good 'un!

I had to download that Silver-thingy but it only took a minute or so and then I just had to refresh for it to appear.

What a wonderful idea way to learn about Japanese resorts.

I particularly like the expressway info things, that is really useful.

:clap:

(How) do the resort reviews and ranking things get updated?

• SnowJapan Moderator

This site and the main SnowJapan site are on different servers and separate, but we have created a system whereby we can very easily bring over updated data from the main site to reflect on SnowJapanResorts.

So for example if a resort gets ranking votes, new photos or resort reviews on the main SnowJapan site, that new data will be reflected on the SnowJapanResorts site when we make the update.

We plan to do that at least once a day.

This site and the main SnowJapan site are on different servers and separate, but we have created a system whereby we can very easily bring over updated data from the main site to reflect on SnowJapanResorts.

So for example if a resort gets ranking votes, new photos or resort reviews on the main SnowJapan site, that new data will be reflected on the SnowJapanResorts site when we make the update.

We plan to do that at least once a day.

Interesting thanks.

Just spent half an hour playing around with it, can find some really great info from it all. It's addictive.

Didn't know that was how ALTS Bandai got it's name..... (go check it out)

Obviously a really huge amount of effort gone into this, it's very clean and polished.

Bravo!

Cheers for the tools.

Now........ snow please!