• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

They surely look like the ducks (or swans) of Chuzenjiko where I was assaulted by the urban monkeys (not a rock band)

Beautiful pic by the way , the colours are so vivid

Were the monkeys there when you were taking the pics Muika?

I look forward to to your pics from the temple areas

Yes Chuzenjiko. :friend:

Actually taking a quick look I think I'm going to have a few problems with some of them - the colours are just so vivid they almost look unreal. As if I've just turned up the contrast to 110!

But seriously today was perhaps the most full on most beautiful autumn scenery I have ever seen.... the colours were just totally mad.

From Katashina in Gunma, through past Marunuma, over to Chuzenjiko and in Nikko.

It was just mindblowing.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Were the monkeys there when you were taking the pics Muika?

I did see monkeys but only as I was driving down from the mountain down to Chuzenjiko and then lower down near Nikko.

That was on the way home actually just before the sun disappeared. I was well tired by then so only took a few there. Just had a bit of a walk along the water there.

They were really agressive in the main street of Chuzenji when I was there and would rip any plastic bags you were carrying to shreds looking for food. Even the little tackers were copying their mums getting into everything.

if_post_2011-10_customers-hate-you-monkey.jpg

A bit better today. Hopefully get out on my bike tonight.

Spent most of the weekend choosing photos for the calendar that I make for myself and family. Difficult choosing just 12, and more of than not they are not my personal favourites.

I'll leave those for the "book" I'll make once I get some winter shots. That first one I gave to my parents went down really well.

I use vistaprint for the wall calendars. They're really very good quality especially for the price - I just ordered 25 calendars and it came to less than 60 quid. Postage added to that of course.

The book I made I used Yophoto and that truly is excellent top quality and much more expensive. I'll definitely use them again when I make another book. Superb stuff.

They do calendars as well, and I am sure they are also excellent quality but if I did 25 with them it would come to a lot of money. Probably over 5 times as much I think so I think I'll accept the vistaprint quality for those. :)