Why thank you Raury, that's very sweet.

And thank you too, Markie

;\)

Being friendly is such a nice thing, don't you think?! \:\)

This forum really is a gem, don't you think? Its got more going on here than any others I've seen, and the conversations going on seem to be that much more interesting. I'm glad to have found all of you lovelies.

It looks like there is a lot of snow around right now, and I have to work this weekend. Damn. Next weekend for me, 21C...

To all those lucky guys and gals heading out to the snow this weekend, have a jolly time.

And zwelgen, when are you going to make me a nice pie in your amazing kitchen. You can come down for one of my specialities (lasagne, moussaka) any time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jared 'echi' or 'H' means 'sex' - you won't find it in your Lighthouse Secondary School dictionary because it's slang. There's a thread on here somewhere about it. I've noticed that echineko seems to come in for a lot of criticism from some people, and I suppose her persona and handle annoy some people.

21C, I don't think I'm confrontational - I just disagree with a lot of commonly held opinions and defend my positions against all comers. If I'm treated nicely, I try to return the courtesy. Anyway, welcome, and peace to you too. The conditions are insanely good at the mo, so I recommend you try to get out.

Can always rely on Ocean for interesting and useful bits of info. I wish I had known about that "echi" part earlier...sure explains a lot of things I am just finding out. I kinda of thought it was funny that out of those who expressed reservations about the development of our relationship, all of it was out of concern for me and not for my counterpart of the fairer sex. Black widow scenario maybe?

Not to worry, Markie is still safe and sound and relishing the moment.

But echi is not always dirty. Whilst it certainly can be, not always.

It has different nuances, does it not? One being like "naughty" in a humorous way - and a way of avoiding the word "sekkusu" (sex). Isn't that right?

And I think everyone is "echi".

Quote:
Originally posted by frannyo:
What a load of ridiculous trollop! Do you really believe that? Why on earth would someone do that?

I think some people do it franno!
why I don't know?? maybe they think they are better people by publicly announcing that they are gay friendly?
I have grown up with a relative who decided to much the carpet. I guess it doesn't seem like a big deal to me!

Dunno what Mr Grohl looks like but my first impression was that that haircut deserves a Vox Phantom(*), not a wand.

(*) Legendary 60s guitar, as played by Brian Jones etc.

• 2 weeks later...

holy crappola.

Some bloke rocks up, says "g'day, I am a poof" and look at the scramble of posts it produced. It appears to me that heteros are just as happy to talk about gayness as gay types.

I vote that 21C changes his handle back to "proudtobegay" so that we can all be well aware when a queer is in our midst. It just aint right sneakin up on us like that with a normal sounding handle.

There, the para above should give plenty of offence. Don't panic, I was of course joking.

I actually have very little to contribute here (yes, just like in most other threads). Let me see. I am not gay but a vast quantity of people I meet find it convenient to categorise me as being gay and I just don't get it as I almost never cook and seldom smell nice. I admit, I do own a bottle of Chanel Egoiste but I never wear it. I sometimes where it so that I have a complimentary smell to my GF, being a Chanel fan herself. But in my single periods it seemed pointless, not one girl ever commented on my smell. Probably because my subtle pong was overpowered by their drowning themselves in perfume. As for girls commenting on my dress sense, well that happens now and again, but it aint worth much. I mean, what is the value of a girls opinion in your dress sense if they can't themselves even manage to match their accessories with their shoes? Ever noticed how poorly most girls dress? Bet you didn't. Most guys just take it for granted that girls are girls, ergo, they dress well. This, my fellow slob male friends, is just not true. So girls, get your own ship in order before judging the next group of guys you see at a pub. Just because you are female does not mean that you are born with an innate sense of style. How many times have you heard this worn out line: "you can judge a guy by his shoes". Word up ladies, if i ever hear you say that line then be prepared to have your 95% of the time cheap, ill-fitted and scuffed footwear verbally torn to pieces by yours truely. It takes more than high heels to maketh a good shoe.

It seems to have been appropriate in this thread to reveal that you have a gay pal. I gotta say, I currently don't have any gay mates. But I was just telling my GF on the weekend how sometimes life would be easier if I were gay. You see that way he and I could go away for a romantic (ahhhhgg, puke, puke ;\) ) weekend of snowboarding and, assuming he was the "tough' variety of gay man, he could do his own snowboard boot laces up. Plus he could adjust his bindings and wax his own board. There, I understand all about being gay. Nothing more to it I am sure.

Well, I have nothing more to say (ok, I have plenty more crap to dribble but I am on a conference call).

I am off to pretend that I don't have a prostate gland.