Growing hair from short to long

Keep the sides a bit shorter throughout the process, and use some serious grease to slick it all back. When you can't be bothered with the grease, use a hairband.

It'll drive you completely nuts, then you'll know why you have short hair.

Hats are BAD for growing out your hair. Gotta take care of it or you can damage it beyond repair. At least that's what this website says: http://gregl.net/longhair/longhair.htm

Believe it or not, there is actually a forum for discussing your progress and posting pictures. I am NOT an active reader, however. Freaked me out - you can find anything on the internet \:\)

I had a shaved head back in August '02 and haven't cut my hair since. I've never had long hair and wanted to try it just once in my life. It's getting ratty as hell but I dig it. Just let it go man. Wear beanies if you have too but hats actually will damage your hair. I guess maintenance cuts aren't recommended for at least a year either. I think the biggest problem is looking presentable at work. I look like I have a mullet when I brush it, but I really don't give a shit. Some of the military dudes give me a hard time, but then I just point at their crew cuts and laugh and ask them how it feels to look like everyone else.

I guess my point is (do I have one?) - just let it go. Don't worry what anyone thinks.

THEY'RE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU!!!!! :p

As soon as it is long enough, stick it in a ponytail, and use product to slick the rest back.

I spent ages working from a ponytails that all of 2" long to where it is now, below my shoulder blades.

• 4 weeks later...

when it gets iffy in the middle whack a whole lot of styling product in it and spike it up a bit. My little bro did that and although it still looked a bit weird it looked a lot better than pre-product.