I find too much self pride to be really ugly, don't like it. I suppose I am proud of myself to a certain extent.

How do you guys think about this? I have just heard on a discussion people fighting over trying to be seen as the most proud citizen.

It all seemed like a different world to me, and cringeworthy.

I don't like people who try to hurt your hand when they shake it. Anybody can do that - you just have to get the correct angle and not hold the person's hand closely, and just a small squeeze hurts. Men do it because they think it makes them look strong. Actually, it makes them look like little pricks. I think pride makes these people want to hurt somebody else's hand as their first gesture on meeting a new person. Maybe.

You have to have been to the Phillipines, or know someone from there to understand this, as they confuse Ps and Fs like the Japanese do Rs and Ls...

Which country has the most "Pride"?

The Phillipines - they have pride chicken, pride pish, pride eggs....

well...those batton waiving construction safety dudes certainly have a lot of pride \:D

and who wouldn't with a job like that...

especially when you get to work next to a mechanical version of yourself! fantastic

danz

Danz, i understand your post was in jest, but i just wanted to say that i really respect the baton dudes. They've got a bum job, which must be as boring as all hell, yet they always seem to take "pride" in staying alert and doing the job properly.

Give that job to an Aussie and within five minutes he'd have destroyed the baton and developed a chip on his shoulder the size of Ayers Rock.

Something about those red flags they got piss me right off. I have no idea, maybe its how they shake it at me like Im going to rev my engine and drive through or something - whatever. But then they get all pompous and swing their white flag in big circles, all self important

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH mad.gif

I have no idea why this annoys me so much

Ive always found the dudes with the stop/go signs in NZ pretty laid back and relaxed. They give you the thumbs up or the bro nod as you go past. None of this self important bs that the helmet wearers in Japan have