Hello.

I was watching a documentary on the TV last weekend and they talked about country music (ie the American kind??!).

I really don't like the sounds of it, and just wonder is it really popular and mainstream or what?

Thanks

hide

As an American, I'm proud to say country music SUCKS!!!

I don't like it at all and refuse to go into places that play it. Lucky for me, the local KFC does not play it.

It is not really the most popular music in America but in some areas, is all you will hear.

Well said Ray,

That Garth Brooks mother-f$%ker really gives me the royal sh#ts. With his do-gooder crap, big hats and "new country" dribble, I can still hear the twang Garth! mad.gif

ARRghhh i cant think of something i hate more than country music... its huge in Australia with Lee Curingan (donno how to spell his surname) we have some stupid country music festival in "Tamworth" every year...

HORRIABLE!

hhhhhhhhmmm. I hate country music just like most people.

demo, (my fav japanese word)

I will take country music any day over this gansta, pop a cap in your ass (arse), baggy pants.

That should put me at odds with most people.

This will probably make me unpopular with the kids at school, but I do like some country, not the twangy stuff though, that's irritating...

Deana Carter, Martina McBride, John Michael Montgomery, etc.... are pretty good, try it you might like it......

I'm into all sorts of music... definitely not hardcore rap though, maybe that'll earn me some points back \:\)

db... you get a cap busted in your ass(arse) for putting hip hop in the same boat as country music.

Country music makes my ears bleed. Thank god that superstar disaster Garth Brooks retired. 1 less whiney cowboy to suffer from.

Music is SUBJECTIVE - as are most things. Personal tastes vary and it's doubtful if such should warrant HATE. Many musicians/music appreciaters can see merit in all music, regardless of image, coolness, style, sound etc. Doesn't mean we have to embrace it, or even enjoy it - it's just different. Y'oll strummers Y'oll. \:D

country music doesn't use banjos...usually...

that would be bluegrass, which is very different...and much less painful to my ears...I rather enjoy bluegrass...

country is more of a acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pedal steel guitar thingy...oh yah, don't forget your boots and cowboy hat...

danz