I think Id prefer a monobrow to the strange androgynous looking Japanese dudes around the place. I saw a particularly freaky specimen on the slopes on Friday squinting into the sun and it got me thinking.

zwelly darls, your qustion is a tuffy so i didn`t vote. can`t a guy be hot with OR without shaved eyebrows???

i can`t see a problem with it. if you`ve gotta tidy things up a bit every now an then, so what? i mean, why is it o.k. for guys to `style` their sidies, goaties, mos, etc. but not the brows?

Nah a bit of personal maintenence is great but Im talking full on arched, shaved (they dont seem to pluck) to the limit... frankly ladylike brows of thin lines. I seem to see a lot of them round the place, esp on younge guys and I think they look freaky and unappealing, but they must do it for a reason so Im wondering, who likes it?

confused.gif

There's a difference! If I didn't trim my eyebrows, I wouldn't be able to see. But zwelgen is talking about the men who do their eyebrows like women. That ski-jumper Funaki was one of the first people I noticed doing it after Kome-Kome Club.

I can't help laughing at how girly some of the J-boys behave in the onsen. There comes a point where trying to hide your bits draws more attention than letting it all hang out (which of course is what I do...) :p

i cant believe some of my 14 and 15 yr old students have shaved brows. it looks kinda funny. but, i have to say that if a guy is already hot and just has some shapely eyebrows (nothing too drawn and redirected, more like good matainence and not like joey on a recent friends) it doesnt hurt the whole package.