What do you buy at a conbini?

After looking at the other thread about combinis, I was wondering - what do you buy at one? I hardly ever use them. Usually just for bills and the odd sandwich.

icecream uuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

I am very lucky there isnt a konbini between the bars and my house.

I would guess I have eaten about 50 onigiri from there this ski season and 30 snickers or kitkats. Disgusting. \:\(

Just last night I put some fancy ice cream and a slice of chocolate cake and cheese cake on an oversized plate, then dribbled a very thin squiggle of thin custard on the plate and finished with some grated chocolate flakes. It looked very very modern, trendy dining. My GF was most impressed. Where did I get it all? Lawsons.

God I hate going to a restaurant and having thin squiggles of things dribbled on my food. It looks like the chef had a nosebleed or something. (The 'or something' bit is a lot worse.)

Convenience stores are for going to the toilet in. I always like it when they thank me very much for having done a number 2 in their toilet.

sandwiches!!!! unbelievable that anyone would buy a sandwich in this country! what is in this country is an insult to name of sandwich puke.gif

massively overpriced, tiny, soggy disgusting monstrosities, its one thing that irks me...its hard to get a fresh, sandwich, roll, Baguette, with "decent fillings" ham or chicken, tomatoes, maybe a bit of carrot, nice lettuce, cheese.....you know real cheese, decent cheese the stuff Cheeseman raves about.

Japan = fantastic sushi but shithouse sandwiches...yuk

Quote:
Originally posted by klingon:
Well when there is not much choice....
......eat an Onigiri....they are healthier and have delicious salmon in them.
When in Rome......

Im with you on the sandwiches Kamoshika. I HATE sandwiches here, they dont fill you up, they have mayonase oozing everywhere, the fillings are rank and even worse they cut the crusts off mad.gif I would guess in 3 years in Japan Ive had about 4 or 5 konbini sandwiches and they were all sh!t.

My hatred of Japanese sandwiches has driven me to onigiris. When in Rome...

Every time I go in a conbini (admittedly not very often) I always see lots of snack foods I've never seen in a supermarket (which I go to quite often).

As for what I buy, beef jerky. dried squid, some drink I've never seen elsewhere.

On the subject of sandwiches, has anyone eaten at Japanese Subway. I have seen a couple scattered in Tokyo, but I am not sure if they have them elsewhere. Does it compare to American (or most likely anywhere-other-than-Japan) Subway?