Used to watch it when I was younger, Macho King, Jake the Snake and all!

I think it's officially called Sports Entertainment, as it's not classed a 'sport' in the true sense, there ain't no competition in it.

I used to watch it too. Probably around the same time you did Mr Matthews. The Macho Man Randy Savage! I always liked the Undertaker. I think he is still around though. I'm suprused how many i can actually remember! Useless 'knowledge' really.

I was never into the WWF or any of the foreign iterations thereof (Lucha Libre, European, Japanese)... Maybe I was too old to appreciate it, but it always seemed crushingly, utterly insipid and boring... I can't even praise it as cartoonish, because it lacks any of the redeeming features of cartoons...it is like a media fart.

Grownups don't watch pro wrestling. Grownups enjoy grownup things, like THIS.

\:D

When I was that age, we used to watch roller hockey...now THAT was a sport!

And Batman of course. Julie Newmar in that shiny black skintight catsuit was one of my formative childhood experiences, it has shaped my entire sexuality.

MEOW!!

I always liked Brutus the Barber Beefcake, surely the most well thought out wrestlers name of all time!

A media fart? That is rather harsh, yet looking at wrestling today, I'd have to agree.