It seems he's deserted us all - took db's "shut up" comments too harshly and is now cowering away in a corner lol.gif

Things were getting right heated and fun, the two of them then dropped off, and the forum has all but silenced. Seems that, between the We Love America thread and infanticide, nearly everyone has quietened up a bit!

Nice to see db's starting to poke around a bit again, though ... \:\)

(the days are rather long without a decent headbutting sesh, don't have enough time to hold an argument all by meself though...)

Dunno, seems the opposite to me.... there seems to be more posts than ever on this Off Topic section.

Anyway, even if he isn't posting, O11 will most definitely be lurking. Hi!!! wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif Genki?

Good point NoFakie. I also agree with the sentiments expressed about ol Whitey having a fairly easy ride here in some respects. This doesn't mean that the type of descrimination which got this thread started is acceptable though does it?

Certain groups of foriegners experience much worse than others I'm sure. None of it is right but the Japanese are generally fairly ambivilent about these things because it generally doesn't affect them.

As for the SARS thing and business interests blanket banning all foreigners as potential carriers displays ignorance of the facts. What about Japanese who've been overseas recently.

the LOW DOWN!

We are back in the hotel! Apparently the CHIBA TOURISM ASSOCIATION recommended refusing their services to all gaijin, after some guy from Taiwan came here, went to dozens of touro spots and was infected with SARS.

After several times of pointing the fact that Oz has no reported cases and blah blah... he called back and we are in.

Its nice that he actually took the time out to do some research and back up his claim (which didn't happen)

live Davo said, yes us gaijin here get a damn good run, but the blatant discrim isn't warranted.

case closed..

A New Zealander I met the other week went back to nz for a visit. While there he was quite sick and had a temperature and all that. When he wanted to make an appoinment at the doctors they asked if he had been traveling in Asaia. He said yes he had been in japan and was subsiquently refused an appointment and sent to a special area of the hospital where he was made to wait for hours to see someone - was eventyally tested for sars by a nurse with no protective gear on (didnt need to wear any cos there is no sars in japan - but he still had to go to the hospital)

If "medical professionals" in NZ are muffing it up hows a hotel man gonna get by.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kambei:
Where is Ocean these days?
Either he's on holiday or hes packing a sad, but I did see a lonely post from him last night

japantoday.com - god I hate that place - Its good to get some english news on japan (where i live there are no eng news papers) but I always end up reading the posts and discussions after the articles. They are so depressing, I dont know why the ppl writing them bother to stay alive I'm sure they would be happier dead than living in this "dirty racist hell hole".

I spoke to a ryokan owner last winter and he told us - no kidding - that he didnt want the business of gaijin as it would not do good for the image of the place, and so have an adverse effect on his Japanese market.

Funny how U who have been here in the country can't stay, and a Japanese business man who has just recently been to all the "hot spots" in China can stay.

I sometimes wander where they get these good business heads?

Can you imagine these frikking meeting that the "associations" have?....ok todays adgenda, lets ban all gaijin coz we don't need SARS! ****ers all of them. I will stay in my car from now on!