and its just about time for the nz government to demand some money for my student loan - bad timing. I just hope the exporters in nz all go broke and the dollar collapses soon.

hope this dosent last too long.

oh shit...and the reserve bank of australia puts the AUS$ at 77 yen.

this is indeed troubling news.

we must act and act as one to undermine our local currencies for the good of our japanese bank accounts.

ok, so, whats the plan?

Yeah just when I started earning some money to send back as well. Also the politicians are keen to talk down the yen for the sake of exporters at the moment. GRRRRRR

Yeah its heart breaking, esp when youve got 6 months of savings in the bank "waiting for the exchange rate to get better" but it just keeps getting worse and worse.

On the other hand US$ arent too bad. Maybe Ill move there instead!

Gutting though, seriously gutting. What was 10 grand in my first year is now 7. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Worse! its gone from a low of 44yen in Oct 2000 to 70yen now!.

I did 45 days straight back then and pulled $4800NZ dollars in overtime!!!for 2 months

(12 days of O/T -$400=1day)

Man I was "gatesing" it then \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
"waiting for the exchange rate to get better" but it just keeps getting worse and worse.
Never be afraid to buy what is high.

I bought every AUD I could afford back in April03 at 73. This was as high as AUDJPY had been since Sep99. Not a gloat, just an example of how 'higher than the recent past' is not a reason not to buy..... (but in the short term it can be).