Well, still a bit off, but Liverpool just signed Kewell. Highly expectant of that one. Lets hope he helps kicks some life into the squad.

ManU seem to be having some problems getting Mr Brazil Funny Face to sign hey? It would be interesting if he did....seems like Madrid have pulled out of the race now but Barcelona have made a bid.

Any other fun news out there footie fans?

:p nearly had me there scouser! thought you meant "American football" footy. My buddy just emailed me to join his fantasy football league \:\)

already to go now! sweet

Can't we all just get along? Goalkeeper David James did some workouts with the American Football Miami Dolphins here .

I think Marshall Faulk or Terrell Owens should follow suit and do some workouts with Chelski. Just for kicks.

good article WIZZ.

pack of whingers, tha lot of `em. serves `em saelves right. how come they(LEEDS) can do tha dirty on someone without any remorse(David O`Leary), but when the adidas is on the other foot its a whole different story. also, what about his australian club who `developed` him to the point where he could play in the premiership? wheres their cut?

one more thing, how can someone go from being worth 40m pound to 7m pound in three years? i didn`t understand that bit. wakaranai.gif

serves yaselves right Leeds, serves yaselves right! \:D

How can values change so much? Quite a few reasons including - a depressed market for the value of players, soccer clubs with less money, performance of the player.

Also, there's a lot of strategy involved.

When a club buys a player, they sometimes pay more than they know he is "worth" just so they can get him in the club, and not in the competitions club.

Look at the way the value of Ronaldinho is going up right now because 2 clubs are effectively fighting over him. Man U, if they get him, will end up paying a fair % more than they wanted to. But they want him all the same..........

I don't know about all this way back but his Australian club must have let him go either because his contract was up, because they sold him to an interested party or he quit out of the deal for some reason (not happy, not good enough for him to become a better player, etc).

The deal was done at that time - tis nowt to do with what is going on now, same situation with all players.

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
lets make a yahoo fantasy football league for snowjapan forum members!

anyone interested?
I just signed up for a league with some buddies, but I would be keen to run in two leagues and smoke all you fools with my great tactical prowess
xyxthumbs.gif

Its a fantasy football league run by yahoo. Uou make a team from the English Premiership and enter leagues run by your mates. I was in two leagues last year.

You pick your team at the start of the year, and can change it each week (by selling and buying players). Its pretty simple and lots of fun. Each league has a private messageboard for taunts.

I just tried to make a league, but it seems the new season is not ready yet. Can someone try and do it during August before the season starts, and post the league name and password on this messageboard? I'll be on holiday so I will probably forget to.

Ok I think I made a league. But I dont know it will work or not for the next season. Please join it and have a look anyway and we'll see how it goes as the season draws near.

The league name is "SnowJapan Championship" but you need to enter this information to join:

Group ID: 105714

Password: snowjapan

Yahoo Fantasy Football

Didn't Kewell join Leeds from the Aussie Institute of Sports?

Besides, the Premiership is again a two horse race Arsenal and Man Utd, Liverpool, I'm sorry to say, are still way off the pace. If Chelsea can sign an aggressive midfielder, then they'll be there abouts.

What about Leicester, Wolves and Portsmouth, they've gotta be the WORST 3 teams promoted from Division 1 since the Premiership began

How about whats happening down Chelsea way hey? Spending big time.

Seems Veron is gone from Man Utd as well. And I thought this was going to be the season he got into his stride at United. Can't help but wonder where United are going to be this season, especially if they don't get Ronaldinho.

I reckon this season will see a resurgence from Liverpool, and Everton keeping improving too.

Liverpool have always been able to beat the top clubs. The problem is that they can't consistently beat the bottom ones. Last season, they took a mighty one point off Sunderland, the worst team in Premiership history. Had they taken six like all of their rivals, they would have made the Champions League.

Compared with 2001/2, the top six last season lost far more games, so it's opening up for a new challenge. Manure destroyed Newcastle (then still with an outside chance) without Beckham, and Fergie's no mug, so I wouldn't pay much attention to what Harry Kewell is saying. From what Viduka says, he sounds like a bit of a tosser anyway.

Clubs can save hundreds of thousands in wages by waiting a few weeks before signing players, so I think we'll see a couple of moves yet before the season starts.

NoFakie - unfortunately we can't consistently beat the top clubs either. Capable yes. Look at the beginning of last season. For a few months we were on top of the pile.

Then it just seemed to get bogged down in, for want of a better word, crap. Heskey was poor, Owen lost his form for a bit, Dudek had a prolonged nightmare - and there was just generally no spark there.

Hopefully this season will be brighter.

Much happening in the Newcastle squad right now? (Haven't been hearing much)

That's the problem with Liverpool, when Owen goes off the boil they really struggle. I'd like to see them and Newcastle really compete. Bowyer was a snip for the Magpies, I reckon he's really gonna shine this year. And the way Chelsea are looking to splash out  (already got Geremi), my earlier prediction of a two horse race looks nearly as poor as the Leicester squad.

A word of warning to you ALL...watch out for Cardiff City this year...Crazy Gang part II. With Sam Hamman at the helm assisted by his able sidekick Lennie Lawrence, all you big time Charlies in the Premiership are gonna have the fright of your lives next year. \:D