where have airlines inadvertantly sent your bags to?

1.barcelona instead of melbourne

2.osaka instead of narita

united decided to check my bags through from toronto to london via chicago and forgot to put anything on the plane.

mad.gif eek.gif mad.gif

One of my friends had their suitcase lost for 1 full week once on a flight into New York. He got it back eventually, but major hassle. I think they offered him a free flight or something as compensation.

When I got off the plane at Heathrow once, I was waiting for my suitcase and it didn't turn up. Turns out it went on to Spain, of all places. Didn't get much out of them.

I've heard lots of alarming stories about what goes on backstage at Heathrow (sure it happens elsewhere too).

One of my bags didn't arrive straight away on a flight to Sydney from Japan. They couriered it several hours later on. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it came back safely, thank god.

Tell us some of those horror stories. I heard that in Paris the bag handlers open bags and steal things.

There was a good tv documentary program about Heathrow a way back if I remember correctly. It was really interesting, but made you want to not let your bags out of sight. Best not to share some of the things!

does anybody else lock their bags? I do but i was told that in the US and any flight going to or coming, from you must leave your bags unlocked for security purposes. ive never had anything go missing but you have to wonder what goes on.

I usually fly Norhtwest Airlines. I had my bags delayed for up to two days on about 5 straight different flights. Each time I filled out the appropriate paper work and my bags eventually got back to me. Then on a flight from Alaska to Minneapolis, I had a bag never show up at all. I went through the procedures, filled out the forms, etc. Never came. I asked the airline to compensate me, logged my baggage contents and got the reply "We've noticed you've had several missing baggage claims..we have decided not to honor your claim." Woa! pissed off, I sued Northwest Airlines for the maximum amount allowable under the law ($2,500 per bag). They called me one night at about 3 a.m. and offered a settlement of $2,000. I took it b/c I was representing myself. NWA had 3 professional attorney's on the case and I don't think there was $2000 worth of stuff in my bag.

End of story, but if your wondering why I keep flying NWA it's b/c they have a good (award winning) frequent flyer program.