There is a fair portion of phalic symbolism going on with the tallest building thing.

I'd suggest a memorial garden to act as rememberance to that tragedy, I understand where the land is, but surely the new buildings, though I hate to say it, will become a new terrorist target?

Or am I just being unreasonable.

I like the Allah and Jehova idea. But I think it might promote more trouble.

NCY is an American symbol as much as it is a functional city. I think people look to NYC as American strength....I could be wrong. In any event, I say rebuild the WTC area in a very powerfull way......make a statment. Architectually speaking...the landmarks/buildings that arise will most likely last longer than the memories of what happened there..make it COUNT!!!

I hope to see a new New York that looks strong, proud and revived. I personally am not a New Yorker but feel the city could use a facelift or just some help. I've been to NYC many times and always taste the flavor of the city when I'm there. I love the city and hope it "rebounds."

Vast hollow statues of the two Presidents Bush would surely be appropriate, of a size to dwarf anything found in North Korea or any other rogue nation. They could be the permanent headquarters of Iraqi Oil Exploitation Inc.

Japanese famous architect Tadao Ando's design was interesting and useless, it was like "Kohun" ancient burial mound. I don't think that design was for the competition, I saw it in the exhibition at Tokyo Station Gallery.

Ocean,

Do you think you are funny or clever or are you just retarded? If you are (retarded) I don't mean to discriminate. I've been rude. If not, you have.

Don't take me as a hyper sensitive American, it's just that your stupid idea for a WTC replacement was just low class. Yes, I'm new here and I see you are the "king of the forum" but grow up.

Pedro, the 2 presidents Bush have jointly done a great deal to wed the US to oil while pursuing reckless policies in the Middle East. Both Bushes have killed far more innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan and then in Iraq again than died in 9/11. Boy, have they had their revenge. So they deserve a memorial to that, so that hyper insensitive Americans like yourself get the hint.

Not being American, I'm not obliged to be part of the cult of 9/11, so learn to live with it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

O'chan,

What hint? I'm not a Bush fan. Many Americans are not. I was just saying your idea for a WTC replacement was moronic. I stand by it.

Say for example Big Ben was dropped on 9/11. If I suggested it was replaced with a giant "hollow" Tony Blair building I would call MYSELF a moron.

Low class and rude. What say you?

I'm not going to "learn to live with it" as you requested. Insensitive morons will always be a part of society that I don't agree with or respect. YOU learn to deal with it.

By the way. what is the cult of 9/11? you speek of??? Was it not a realistic tragety?? Or b/c it was the U.S. it was OK??

Enjoy your whole week!!

Don't be lazy! Hell, you've given the group more than 4000 posts and that's your response??

Ocean the mighty poster can't defend his moronic idea of a new WTC location. Not surprised his 4000 plus posts would eventually run out of gas.

Comprehensible? I think I've called you on your comprehension...

Really, have a great week my friend!

To be precise, that was a short example of satire. One test of satire is that it enrages and confuses those at whom it is aimed.

Pedro, demanding an explanation and calling me a moron is the highest praise you could offer.