G'Day one and all!

I have been wanting to get a tattoo that embodies the soul of snowboarding. I know they are very individual things but I'd like to get some ideas from people out there in the land of the rising sun, and elsewhere as well. I can't for the life of me think of anything and i have run dry of ideas. So anyone care to throw some ideas at me?

Cheers

\:\)

Will do scouser but it may be a little while yet. I'm still not even close to finalising a design yet. I might wait until after i get back from Japan in Feb.

I've got a couple of ideas floating around but none of them have really jumped out at me 100%. Gotta get it right cause it's there for good!

\:D

Snowboard freak - how about a nice tattoo depicting a good platter of cheese, maybe with some water biscuits and wine on there as well?

Not only would it look good, but it would also be popular and unique - and be a good conversation starter with other cheesefans.

Perhaps we could have a design contest. If you want some recommendations for good cheeses that go well together, please mail me!!

How about a nice text-heavy circular crest that says "Skiing is Dead, Long Live Snowboarding"? You could then have something largely irrelevant in the middle such as a skull (maybe with a ski pole stuck through it) and crossed snowboards.

Kewl, yay!

(Oh, and it would have to be right across your back to give you enough space.)

OK, how about this.

You have the outline of a snowboard seen from above, plain except perhaps for the binding screw holes marked. This is shown as if standing upright. At the upper left side of the board there is a large round snowflake pattern intersecting with the curve of the front of the board. Where the snowflake intersects with the board it becomes smaller like it's a graphic on the board.

So you have the board and the snow in there. Simple and elegant and eloquent. Hard to screw up.

(Then underneath that you can maybe have 'Death to Skiers' in a nice Germanic script. ;\) )

I get tat's that remind me of something major that has influenced my life in some way. A couple are music based for various reasons. For me it isn't just a picture or a design. They all have meaning.

When i'm old i am sure they will look terrible, but i don't care, i know why they are there and what they represent.

But they aren't for everyone and some people hate them. Thats fine. It's totally individual.

Okay - I've got it, the snowboarding tattoo that you NEED to get. . .

Start from the neckline, make sure the tattoo guy has the right color to match your hair. Have him extend your neckline down, down, down and when he gets to your trapezius muscles (upper back), have him fan that tattooed hair out.

and there yah go. . .

Permanent Mullet

I think that pretty much embodies the soul of snowboarding.