Mine is good and quite large, but I do not like the quilt thingy need a replacement. Also, mine is on wodden flooring so it is a little hard on the but and the thick mat that I lay on the floor just turns into a dog hair magnet.

Other than that, these things are the best experience I have had in Japan.

I had one (two in fact) for two years but never used it.

Then, my girlfriend (japanese) moved in and we have started using it a lot. Its actually a really good and comfy way to keep warm. I bought a kind of 2 seater floor sofa for it, it was only 7000yen from Watahan and its perfect for nights in in front of the telly with a bit of nihon-shu and the GF.

Quote:
Originally posted by echineko:
You like kotatsu?

I have new one in my apato for this winter. Lots of space for 2 people ;\)
Do you have a car?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> these things are the best experience I have had in Japan.

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. eek.gif

Although I suspect it may just be a provocation... ;\)
Ok, not as good as the snow, but better than everything else.

yes hot carpets rule.

if you dont have a hot carpet under your futon this winter you are missing out! think of that lovely warm bed you could be crawling into!

Think I've got one. Is it a kind of heater on the underside of the table?

I can't figure it out, and I've been trying to pull the table top off but I'm scared of breaking it!

Someone please advise me, I'm sad and cold in the mornings..... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
[QBSomeone please advise me, I'm sad and cold in the mornings..... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> [/QB]
Take MDMA and stay in bed. Happy and warm.

MDMA, is that some kind of fancy new brand of tea? \:D

Seriously, getting out of bed has becom a real challenge, all snug and warm and out pop my toes and the misery of getting ready to go to work begins. Getting out of the shower is worse....it's like being back in Wales!