Princess Diana was a neurotic, bed-hopping slag!

Yes but what about her early nineties hair miz? Still cutting edge, less boof, but very fetching. Fine Aussie publications such a Woman's weekly and New idea would wax lyrical about her early nineties hair for several pages a week.

I think the tabloid press were really pissed of she died, rudely giving them nothing to write about till Jen and Ben came on the scene. \:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like until Posh & Becks came along ;\)

I was never a fan of Diana and was ashamed of the ridiculous fuss that happened when you died.

She was on the way out. She had already dropped much of her charity work by all accounts, and planning to drop much more, if not the rest. She was heading down the road to international playgirl, and I think, if left to her own devices, would have soon blackened her image, and slowly disappeared into relative obscurity..

Her reputation, if not her life, was spared by death.

As for the accident, Dodi and Di's behaviour that night was typical rich arrogance, and the result, luckily, cost the lives of no innoccent bystanders this time. (I'll recant if it's found that they were running from a hit!)

Quote:
> if stirred (via the wonderful tabloid press) people are capable of completely disproportionate reactions to an event.

Or a phenomenon. I reckon you've been stirred good and proper Mr Matthews.
It was hardly a phenomenon.....the type of reactionary flag waving drivel that happened after her death was just the sort of sh't that happened when The Sun, in all their genius, decided to publish the names of all the pedophiles in the UK. Some pediatrician got his house stoned and he was dragged out on his arse!

"Well it yrghh sevrves him right for yrghh messing round with childrens back problems!"

It's called if my GCSE Sociology serves me correct a 'moral panic' but Diana's death was more like a 'moral picnic'.

I don't really care about the Royal Family.

I also don't care how many people they sleep with or for that matter how many people any particular woman sleeps with. I don't think there is a "slag" limit at which point their behaviour becomes reprehensible. My wife and any daughters I may have excepted lol.gif

Vive la revolution sexuelle!

I wonder if shagging a Royal is like that great scene with the "King of Real Estate" in American Beauty

"You like getting nailed by the king?"

"Oh Yes! $@#* me your Majesty!"

To my mind, 'slag' has not much to do with the number of blokes a woman beds (or 'cars' or 'behinds the polo pony shed'). It has more to do with a woman's sexuality becoming a public nuisance and a bore.

I don't use the term very often, but I think it applies to Diana.

she was unpopular. she did that awful interview with bashir and took a lot of stick after that. i think its fair to say she was closer to being unpopular than to being popular.

I got some takeout coffee from a cafe dedicated to Diana just up from Kensington Palace one time. The whole place was decked out in Diana images-pretty freaky place I thought. I felt like I was surrounded by the covers of Womans Day and shortbread biscuit box covers. Too much bad hair. Funnily enough I was working at the palace that day setting up for a party. An Elvis cafe I can understand, but Diana?

I don't know if she was a slag, perhaps just a boring non-event like all the royalty and their hangers on.

lol.gif

Could Beckham Cafe Japan Inc. be far behind given that he has started doing schoolgirls' candy commercial?

According to the Japanese programme 'Trivia', Waseda (or was it Tokyo?) University has its bog rolls specially made with its name on the paper wrap. Sensibly they didn't also print it on the paper! lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
To my mind, 'slag' has not much to do with the number of blokes a woman beds (or 'cars' or 'behinds the polo pony shed'). It has more to do with a woman's sexuality becoming a public nuisance and a bore.

I don't use the term very often, but I think it applies to Diana.
hardly her fault really is it. I am sure if you were followed around 24/7 someone could find something to report....or at least invent something.

shame on the lot of you for lapping up everything the tabloids dish out.

Unlike the noble and learned Ocean, I like reading the tabloits like The Sun and News of the World (and the Japanese versions). But I also read, among other things, FT everyday. I am sure there are many like me.

Granted everything is subject to interpretation but, as the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire.