I collected tar from 73,000 ciggies over the last 10 years. The great thing about this collection is that I take it with me every where I go.

My collection is complete, time to find something else.

After one of my Interrail trips to Europe I spent a happy few moments on the ferry seeing how far from the boat I could throw my remaining worthless European currency. The Italian coinage was light and didn't fly far at all.

(I must have been a bit of a yob to do such a thing.)

I have quite a nice assemblage of knives, although I don't actively collect them. Unless you actually stab people or live on a mountain, knives are pretty useless. I don't know why I have so many of them...

I used to collect beermats. Not setting out to do that really, just ended up with hundreds back when I was starting to drink. Got some good ones back home actually, will have to take another look.

in high school i used to collect banana stickers. sometimes chiquita and dole come up with cute limited editions ones- like in pics of animals eating bananas or slogans. i still like pealing them off and sticking various places- on my wallet or on the phone. and my fridge has a great collection of all kinds of fruit stickers.

> Notches on bed.

That must get really tiresome making one of those marks on your bed every night before you go to sleep (besides the concerns it raises about the structural integrity of your bed).

ok..so you collect a whole bunch of the same thing....then WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO WITH IT??

I can understand art, cards, books...things of value...but what about just random stuff???

i know 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'

but i just can't get my head around collecting stuff for the sake of it. (it'd all end up in dusty boxes)